Open For Business! - Guidlines For An Auction

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 1, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ok. I am really excited to open up this board for 3reef members. You can now start your own auctions!  [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

Before you begin, please read through the following!

3reef Auction Guidlines:

- Since I don't require everyone's credit card numbers in registration, this auction will work on a honor system. Any member that does follow through and leaves the other member hanging with the goods, will have their 3reef membership immediately suspended.

- If a member decides to cancel his or her auction. That is fine as long as they do so before the auction ends and leave an explanation as to why they are doing so. Mulitple reoccurances will be reviewed.

- If the minimum price is not met, the member who put the item up for sale is not expected or required to sell the item BELOW the minimum price.

- If a member can not follow through on their purchase for any reason, it is fine if the member auctioning their goods agree. Otherwise their membership will be suspended. The next highest bidder should be contacted if the min. price was reached.

- Auctions are restricted to reef-related equipment.

- Estimated shipping cost should be stated by the member auctioning. It should also be stated if the shipping is including in the min. price or to be paid by the bidder.

Ok?

That said, here are some pointers:

Please set the min. bid increase to .5 (50 cents) or a dollar for expensive items. Any less or more will make the auction too slow or fast.

Asking  Price: The price you would like to get for it. This will not be shown.

Minimum Price: The price you are willing to sell it for. This will not be shown, but it will say if it has not been reached yet.

Phone Numbers & Location: Optional.

For more details see below.

[​IMG]

[smiley=deal2.gif]
    By starting an auction, it is assumed you have agreed to these guidlines stated above.

[glow=red, 2, 300]LET THE AUCTIONS BEGIN![/glow]

[smiley=smokin.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up1.gif] [smiley=wave.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif]

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

4. CheckMateKingll

CheckMateKingll Feather Duster

Awesome, Simply Awesome,,,

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Glad you like it.

Tonight I am adding a couple more options to this thing! [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

It never stops!

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

No, you never stop. Great addition.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks G!
    (see your PM about your profile.)

8. Click Here!

9. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[glow=Blue, 3, 600]I really like this auction addition, Matt. I love e-Bay, and now we have it right here in our own "community." GREAT idea, Matt!! I'm sure it will be a big hit!![/glow]​

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=grin3.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=smokin.gif] [smiley=wave.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up1.gif]​

10. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

cool idea matt [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, I can tell you what is next here ;D

This auction, like every decent auction, is going to allow you email notification on new bids.
    Also some small errors in the admin part have been corrected.

Glad you all like my work on YaBB code, makes it worth persueing even more enhancements ;D

Happy Auctioning all.

Ron

12. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[glow=Maroon, 3, 900]Oh yeah, thanks Ron!!!

I remember the support you have given Matt in implementing this module (which I believe you have written?). At any rate, this is GREAT stuff gentlemen, and all who are involved should receive a round of
    [/glow]

[glow=Red, 3, 300]!!!!!APPLAUSE!!!!![/glow]

[glow=Maroon, 3, 900]and feel very proud of their work. This baby is going to FLY!!![/glow]​

[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=grin3.gif] [smiley=idea.gif] [smiley=scholar.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=smart.gif] [smiley=thinking2.gif] [smiley=wacky.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up1.gif]​