Open Brain

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by UMdmd, Aug 27, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. UMdmd

UMdmd Astrea Snail

Hey all. Last week I got an Open Brain. He is opened up even bigger than when he was at the lfs. Last week I feed it a piece of krill and today I gave it a piece of formula one. Any other suggestions on what to do to keep it healthy. I will try to post some pics soon.

2. Click Here!

3. Monacle

Monacle Skunk Shrimp

Congrats. Can't wait for the pics. Sounds like it should do fine with what you already have. GL

4. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I have a few diffferent types of open brain corals. They do well under moderate lighting and moderate water flow at best. Using Marine Snow, phytoplankton, rotifers and cyclops to feed your brain is ideal. The most important thing to keep an eye out for is that they do have sweeper tentacles, however not as strong a toxin as say of Euphylia species for instance or many soft corals. Keep an eye out for territoriality and be careful that the brain doesn't fall from a rock and land on another coral or rock for fear of tissue damage.
    Other than that, they are remarkably hardy and very beautiful and come in different colors and forms/shapes. ENJOY...