Open Brain Question

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by trent51593, May 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. trent51593

trent51593 Coral Banded Shrimp

I have open brain and last night it looked weird. It sorta looked the skeleton pushing up through the top of it. Is it ok or what should i do. All me other corals are doing great. I will try to get a pic in a few hours to show you all.

2. Click Here!

3. paintball7

paintball7 Feather Duster

My open brain when the moonlights go on......... all around the edge tenticles come up looks really cool and it looks as if it pushes its center up like its flipping itself inside out.

dont know if that helps, but thats what i know

and there mouths open really wide sometimes......geussing thats when they are hungary

4. trent51593

Ok here is a picture that i just took any ideas on whats going on. It has been healthy up untill today.

Attached Files:

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

It looks like its dieing and/or someones eating it. What kind of fishes do you have? Luna

6. trent51593

I have 1 yellow tang, 1 Vlamingi tang, 2 clowns, 1 dragon coby,3 blue legged hermits, and some snails, and a cardinal. Why would it go down hill in 1 day :angry: man this sucks lol. Let me know what i can do if anything. One thing is that i just got my dragon coby and he has put sand on top of him before but i blew it off with a turkey baster. Would that effect it?

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

If nothing is picking at it(which happened to me) have you tested your water? Tangs are known to nip at OB and eventually kill them. OB dont tolerate hermit crabs. Luna

8. Click Here!

9. trent51593

I have tested them and they are ok. My grabs dont move much at all and i have never seen them on it or around it. My tangs dont bother it either iv sat and watched for hours and nothing happend to if. So i dont know maybe i will do some more testing and take my time on it and try to figure it out.

10. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Another thing that it could be, is are you feeding it? They need to be spot feed most of the times. Luna

11. trent51593

Yes i have had it about 2 or 3 weeks and i have spot feed it at least 2 times a week. A few times some smashed up brine shrimp, and other times cyclopeeze,BS, and plankton mix. Is this enough feedings or not?

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Should be, I still think that someone is nipping at it, or the water isnt up to par. Luna