Ooohh noo....

Discussion in 'Algae' started by surfrgirl61187, Jan 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. surfrgirl61187

surfrgirl61187 Skunk Shrimp

Oohhh no I say:angry:... I think my GHA has turned into bryopsis.. what do I do.. I am so discouraged right now:cry:!! It looks just like this...
    [​IMG]

I got this pic off Xtalreef
    Our lights are off :-/ other wise I would post a pic... But it looks just like this... Is it possible for the GHA to turn into this:confused:?? I am supper upset:angry:!! We have been battling GHA for way tooo long now this!! I dont know what to do... I read on a thread something about dipping the LR in bleach water or really high SG.. The problem with this is that we have some coral on the LR.. I dont know what to do... HELP :confused::-/:cry:

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. surfrgirl61187

Ohh I forgot to mention my params..
    PH 8.2
    Alk normal range
    Nitrate 0
    Nitrite 0
    Ammonia 0
    Phosphate 0
    SG 1.026 (I know its a little high we need to top off)
    Temp 78F
    Also we just changed out our filter media last week...

4. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Depends on what type of bryopsis. Search for the thread Amcarrig posted about having it in her 180. If you have the kind they had in their tank, you may as well start over.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/algae/bryopsis-control-51891.html
    ... and last I heard the Algae X didn't fully kill the bryopsis either.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  5. surfrgirl61187

OOhh noo... How does this stuff start?? I am so upset.. I love my tank!! I am looking for the post about Amcarrig 180... I hope its not the same...

6. surfrgirl61187

Man this is soo disappointing.. I think we have the same type.. I am really up set... this sucks... Well I guess we have to start over... :(

7. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Try to get in touch with am. She just had a baby a couple weeks ago so she hasn't been on much but send her a pm and if she is on I'm sure she would answer any questions.

8. Click Here!

9. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Yup, it's the post I was referring to. Tangster is Amcarrig's hubby (and baby daddy). I just couldn't remember which one of them created the post.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  10. surfrgirl61187

Thanks you guys.. I just sent her a message... Hopefully they can help me further... I think this is a bad start to 09 with our tank :( ... I wonder if I got it mixed up with GHA... because when its small it looks like GHA... No wonder why we havent gotten ride of it..

11. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

if it's isolated to 1 or 2 peices of rock I'd yank them and nuke them see if it comes back anywhere else if not then your safe, if not then it's either algae-x or nuke the tank and start over, sorry byprosis sucks one of the worst things to get, K+ for the troubles

12. surfrgirl61187

I wish it was only on 1 or 2 pieces... We were just talking about some options for our fish.. Does anyone know if we could keep the coral?? Maybe if we transferred the coral to a fresh piece of rock.. Good thing we only have 3 pieces of coral..