One test kit to rule them all

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Kevin_E, Nov 22, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Eh, 600$ for something that tests for things I haven't tested since cycling, the idea is nice though. I would like to see one that measures PO4, Ca, Mg, pH, and alk only, and cut back on costs. I already have a thermometer, and a hydrometer so temperature and salinity seem unnecessary. Not to mention disk replacement cost every 3 months. Take into consideration the price of the unit, and imagine how much the disks will cost.

Good idea, however seems a bit impractical at this point.

JMO

4. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

I think its awesome, depending how accurate it will be.
    i dont think the run of the mill reefers will buy this but for the big tanks packed with coral this would be a small investment. it would be very cool to see it communicate with dosing pumps. Can you imagine just typing in your calcium number and it would detect when levels drop and kick on the dosing pump, now that would be sweet.

5. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Definitely pricey, but just think, you can use a controller to dial in your salinity to be exactly where you want it and not just where you set a float valve to be. Same with calcium and alkalinity. You can control dosing with very little guessing.

6. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Yep. Accuracy is a huge game changer.

7. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

I would absolutely love that.

I guess the ultimate question would be how much will the replacement foil cost

8. Click Here!

9. Yose

Yose Plankton

Seems like a small price to pay for stability. Say the foils are 50 or 60 dollars every 3 months: What is that cost compared to what we already spend on our tanks, reagents, monitors & probes? Heck the computer that runs my tank cost more than that.

1 person likes this.