On the run.

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by cody3819, Dec 23, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

I have a new anemone and for the past day it has not stopped moving. But it's just moving around and around from the same few spots? I gently picked it up and placed it on the other side of my tank just to see, but nope. Moved back to were it has been, but just keeps moving. I'm slightly concerned because it is bleached. Now that said, it is healthy, it's eating with a clean foot and has a nice right mouth. Anyone here could maybe point me in the right direction and get it to stop in one spot. Lol.

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

You have to leave it be and let it find its happy spot. It's moving because it's not happy where it's at. Too much flow, too much light or vice versa. I would seriously stop intervening as that will lead to its demise. Nems are known to stay where you can't even see them sometimes. Sometimes the put there foot on the bottom of a rock ledge and come out when the lights on, luck of the draw. It's risky with corals because they can kill anything in there path. I miss having one but it's not worth the risk to me. Be patient and leave it be. I would also not feed it for a while.

4. cody3819

I wanted to ask about the feeding thing DSC, I have been reading to actually feed it. The reasoning is because it lacks it's zooanthillia (sure I just slaughtered that lol) and intern makes it lack energy? Things I have been reading and watching say to feed them when the blesched.... like every other day.

5. cody3819

Now DSC, it's getting it's green back. It's still pail, but you can start to see the green hew in person. That is a really good sign.

DSC reef likes this.
  6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

That would be fine if it was in your tank for a while but being that it's new I wouldn't feed it. This is why it's important to make sure you have bought a healthy specimen. Once it plants it foot and like where it's at then you can Try feeding small pieces of mysis, ect. I'd limit that to once a week. Remember, the anemone is using a lot of energy just to eat and digest food.

cody3819 likes this.
  7. cody3819

Thanks you are always so helpful and I'm always asking to many questikns.... lol. But for my own knowledge, wouldn't eating also give it energy? And you are right..... I read up on checking the mouth and foot.... but never even thought about bleaching. Im still a rookie..... But I'm very determined to bring it back to 100%.

8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I'm glad I can help. With the nem not happy, bleached and new to the tank I think feeding it would do more harm than good. I'd give it a while cody. You can try adjusting a power head so there's a spot that it's not getting blown all over. Unless it's in danger from a power head, I'd leave it be. Ask as many questions as you like, that's how we all learn.

cody3819 likes this.
  10. cody3819

I must say you are a very nice person..... always helpful! Thanks! What do y I u think the chances of my new nem pulling threw?

11. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I started out knowing nothing but this forum, research and hands on experience has helped me learn a lot and I'm happy to share it. That's why I love it here on 3reef. Very friendly and knowledgable people always here to help. As far as your nem, it's gonna be a 50-50 shot. If it dies or looks like it's melting make sure you remove it quickly. Normally it leave a very bad smell on your fingers.

12. cody3819

Yes 3reef I a lot better and friendlier than others I have been on. And man a 50/50..... wow. Wish it would be like a 60/40..... just sounds better. Lol. But I will give it my best...... I have read about them melting and stinking up the system..... so, I do know a very little about these very awesome animals.... I'm just hoping it will pull threw.