? on species tank

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by Sadie, Mar 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. trapstar991

trapstar991 Feather Duster

livefishdirect.com

2. Click Here!

3. Sadie

Sadie Coral Banded Shrimp

I tried, they only had 1 left or 5 of the larger size.:(

4. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

I really like your idea of the saulosi male/female combo, they would be similar to the demasoni/lab combo I had posted about earlier.

Here is a pic of one of my fav cichlid tanks below, it is actually a 29g tank of Saulosi's, go figure!

here is more info on it: http://www.cichlid-forum.com/tanks/

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Sadie

I think I saw this on youtube or something while researching. This is a really nice tank. I see a lot of tanks with these light round rocks, but they usually just pile them up and I haven't like it. I like this one though, the rocks look so nice. Now it has me thinking I might do rocks like that, but they can't really hide. Don't they need room to hide if there is aggression, caves and stuff?

I was going to use a slate like rock we have in our yard, but we also have rocks like this, but I was nervous of iron being in the rocks.

6. Sadie

This is the fish pond my husband made me. I was going to use these stones to make several hiding places. But like I said I'm rethinking it now.;) The sand I ordered is a balck and white mix. I'm wondering if these stones might be too dark. I guess I will have to wait and see. Put the sand in and fiddle with it.

[​IMG]

7. ReefPlayground

ReefPlayground 3reef Sponsor

I think the pond stones would be fine, I prefer the natural look, but I also like round boulders over flat slate. Also, white rocks will grow algae faster and it'll show more.

8. Click Here!

9. Sadie

ahh, I have a really nice white rock I was going to use, but maybe not.;) I am collecting them today. I have decided to go with the round rock. Someone suggested setting up 3 close together and put one on top to make a cave.

I have to get my egg crate today too.

Thanks