? on GSP

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Sadie, Mar 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sadie

Sadie Coral Banded Shrimp

The GSP I got on Tuesday still hasn't opened. Is this normal for GSP? It's been 5 years since I bought some.:confused:

I have them on the bottom and wondering if I should move them higher to more flow and light.

Tank is a 6 gal NanoCube.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

probably nothing to be concerned about. i have seen mine close up for a couple of days when something is bothering them. However, in my experience, gsp does like high flow and moderate to high lighting.

4. PetMother

PetMother Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Mine didn't start to open up for awhile either but now it opening up fully.

5. PetMother

PetMother Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Your Wallaby should be in the cadbury egg commercials!

6. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

It should be fine on the bottom..GSP likes flow though becuase sometimes sediment will settle on them if they dont have enough and it will not allow it to open..But my GSP got hit by a flying kenya tree last week like Wednesday and it just opened back up yesterday. as long as the mat is not falling apart then it will be okay.

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

+1, mine stayed closed for almost 1 week once. As soon as I re-adjusted the flow higher it opened back up.

8. Click Here!

9. tooconceited

tooconceited Spaghetti Worm

Mine likes good flow too, but the chunk at the bottom of the tank seems more open than the piece near the top. So I feel like it doesn't need as much light. I haven't even been running my 30w LEDs cause the fan went out and I am waiting for a replacement in the mail.

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Just move it to good flow and give it time to acclimate, they seem to be slow at it.

11. Sadie

Thanks everyone, I wasn't sure, I know some take a while to open. I also know I had my other GSP up higher in the tank and closer to the light.

I think I will actually move this one into my 12 gal now. I want to start moving the other coral over from my 6 gal to my 12 gal. But only one at a time and see how they do.

12. Sadie

That's funny!! Except he would eat them all. Not that I give him any sweets, but he has a wicked sweet tooth!!