? on feeding acan

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Sadie, Mar 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sadie

Sadie Coral Banded Shrimp

My acan has been in my 6 gal tank since I bought it last month. My 12 gal is finally ready. So I am putting it in the 12 gal tongiht. But now I'm wondering about feeding it. I thaw frozen mysis shrimp in tank water, then spot feed 2x a week to feed. The poor thing is going to be mugged by every snail and crab. Not to mention my sally lightfooted crab and my cleaning shrimp.

What do I do? Can they hurt the acan?

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

i got rid of my crabs for this reason.

you can cut the top off a coke bottle to make like a dome and put that over the coral while it is eating. Works well for things on the bed best but i've used the technique with coral in the rock work too.

4. Sadie

Sadie Coral Banded Shrimp

I ahd a sun coral and saw that people did that, but I never tried it. I guess in my mind it just seems like I would make a mess and water would go everywhere. But then I only had a cleaner shrimp and he could be easily redirected with a shrimp pellet. But, maybe I will try it.

I might even leave the acan in my 6 gal. It looks good and it's doing great. Starting to get more heads.

Thanks for the idea.:)