omg please help..

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Mkizla, Apr 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

all live stock is in container, well only like 20% of snail and all corals got in, and 3 fish are in too, in 5 gallon bucket for overnight. Tomorrow Im taking down everything and do 100% clean up ugh...

Im thinking of selling biocube and go with some other cubes..maybe the ecoxotic 25gallon cube..or solana...i dont know im so stressed

2. Click Here!

3. jbraslins

jbraslins Teardrop Maxima Clam

Prime is a great idea. You can dose quite abit of it to keep amonia neutralized (it will not reduce it, just detox it).
    You'll have to redose every day since it's temporary.

4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

since your doing such a large water change, your almost starting over. i would pick up some live bacteria at the local fish store. one that cycles a tank over night. but still even after using that, test often for ammonia.

5. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

yeah, i thought id go through a cycle again, damn

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Most of the bacteria are benthic. They are on your glass. They are on/in your LR. They are on/in your sandbed. While there are some bacteria that are pelagic, most live in biofilms on surfaces.

7. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

oh, i see so no cycle? Also I am upgrading the tank, and want to use a brand new dead sand, will that be okay? I dont like my livesand I have...

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Keep a cup of the old sand to seed the bed and you'll be in good shape. If you don't like the way it looks, hide it behind your rockwork.

10. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Wow, sorry Mkliza. :( That's so sad about your fish, it sounds like you are taking the right steps. I see you are making good(upgrading :)) of something bad?

How's the CB Angel doing?

11. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

thanks for suggestion on sand work.

Todays work:
    1. Went to petco and bought 10 gallon tank.

2. Came home, and currently feeling up 10 gallon tank with ro/di while my fishes and corals are in 5gallon bucket.

3. Will keep the fishes and corals in there, with my koralia 2 and heater, no filter for a maximum of 7 days, 1 coral beauty, 1 clown, 1 canary wrasse

4.My bc29, currently sitting in a crap water with no flow going on, will clean the tank when I get the 10gallon set up

My coral beauty was on blink of death yesterday, eye was bloated up really heavy, breathing heavy, not moving laying flat on a container, thought he was a goner...
    Today, coral beauty is doing really fine in the bucket, moving swimming around alot, along with clown and my canary blenny.

What do you guys think? Someone is coming by to buy biocube 29 this saturday, and planning on buying solana 34 now, and fish will be in 10g tank untill solana arrives. Cousin offered me 300, when i insisted I just wanted 100 dollar, but ended up forcing me to accept the 300, so yay.

I just thought...im breaking down the tank anyway...might as well as get the solana I always wanted..

What do you guys think

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

That's very nice of your brother to offer more than you asked for. The Solana tank is a good choice if you have the money for it. I really like the look of the Solanas. It's a rimless, right?

I wish you the best of luck over the next week...3 fish in a 10g. While we were moving, I had my CB in a 10g for about a week and a half, by itself. It died in that tank. :( I think the thinner glass(1/6" less...was originally in a 29) made it easier to see people as they walked by the tank so the fish felt less safe. It got stressed and I found it on the tank bottom. :(