Omg my lights are in!

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by ingtar_shinowa, Feb 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i only have one, 35% is really playing it safe. :) i started at 45% in the natural mode. wait till you see how well your corals respond to this light. mine feed more than ever now

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

What did you upgrade from if i may ask? (light tank depth, fixture from water) It would really help me wrap y head around it!

4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i upgraded from a 150w halide that ran 10 hours a day. my tank is 14 inches deep fixture was 9 inches from water surface is now at 8 and I'm at 80% power, not sure how much more to go might up it to 85% ?????.
    did you see the ecotech community forum? there is a lot of answers on there.
    also RC has someone on the site who has a 500 gallon with 10 lights over it. he started at 45% its why i started there.
    his tank is a normal tank depth, but if i remember right he had halides also

5. ingtar_shinowa

Just a little worried since im going from old t5 bulbs. I might go 45% going off of that. I love that picture of the 10 radion boxes next to his tank lol. I didn't see the ecotech forum on my way there, thanks alot!

6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

your going to love the look of these lights. they are like a halide but better since you can tweak them. i like the whole sunrise sunset feature about them i also have my moonlight set to fade out and go into 8 hours of darkness

7. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

if you google ecotech community you will find it. i see your point, its easy to change the power setting you can always do 35% for a few days. the thing about the natural setting is it ramps power up to its set max power its not at that all day. the way your program is set its that same power all day ...so maybe 35 would work better. its a guessing game... hope you find someone with similar lights over there, that can give you a better idea on where to start

8. Click Here!

9. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Thats just simply awesome.. Just like I said, go slow and keep a close eye on corals. Human eye is very inaccurate, when it come to light spectrum and whatnot. Even tho when it looks bright enough, its not for corals, vice versa. Cree LEDs are very intense, take it slow (but I think you know that).

10. ingtar_shinowa

Got all the lights on and hardware in place long enough to turn the units of for a pic. Now back to programming the group!

Here is how they are packaged:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is how I am hanging them:
    [​IMG]

And all 3 units turned on. I think its basic mode full power lol. All my fish hid event with the T5's in the way.
    [​IMG]

11. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Looks like you found a winner

12. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Bottles not buckets. There are like 3 24 packs on your fridge/