Olympics Hockey - I'm smelling me a U.S. vs Canada final.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Feb 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. slocal

slocal Doot!

You could make 3 teams with and still be able to compete for a medal. I'm still wondering how Green didn't make the list....

2. Click Here!

3. Toronto_Guy

Toronto_Guy Fire Shrimp

There were a few interesting omissions.

I'm just glad that the initial plan to get Gretzky to coach the team fell through! He was a great player, but not such a great coach.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so did canada end up winning tonights game?

5. Toronto_Guy

Toronto_Guy Fire Shrimp

By the skin of our teeth, yes! :)

It looks like they didn't take the Slovaks as seriously as they did Russia, and tried to sit on a 3 goal lead.

6. slocal

slocal Doot!

Amen to that. If the Great One would have coached, it would have been way too much of a spectacle about him instead of the athletes. Not to mention his questionable coaching talent.

Very interesting game tonight. Canada shut down extremely early. You can't cruise the 3rd period with one goal above the most dangerous lead in hockey. What an epic battle Sunday will be!

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

im not really into hockey or anything but i guess sunday will be a awesome game, i hope U.S. slaughters canada :D

8. Click Here!

9. Toronto_Guy

Toronto_Guy Fire Shrimp

God bless the great athletes who know how to retire and just fade into the background. I don't think you will see him trying his hand at coaching again after he was pushed out at the beginning of the season, and the Coyotes went on to play much better without him.

Sunday should be great. I think that we have the better team overall, but you have the better goalie.

I guess it's time to just crash the net to get Miller off his game! :-D

1 person likes this.
  10. slocal

slocal Doot!

He should have taken a lesson from Super M.

Haha, well I'm torn. I'm for the US but then again I love seeing the Sharks players do great. I was highly disappointed in Boyle for his slew foot of Semin. Way beneath him. On the plus side of rooting for the US team, I know my Sharks are prone to choking (sad but true).

Miller is great thus far. He can get nervous with bodies at the net but Luongo has trouble losing the puck behind the crease. I think the US has the grit to make it at least a very close game, if not win it.

11. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Au Contrier', I thought you were a tad askew in your thinking so I looked it up. Russians, Americans, Canadians and a smattering of Swedes.
    2009 NHL All-Star Game Rosters and Starting Lineups - NHL.com - 2009 NHL All-Star Game

12. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

Unclejed, when I look at that list I'm pretty sure more than half of those guys are Canadian, maybe not playing for team Canada, but are Canadian.