Olympics Hockey - I'm smelling me a U.S. vs Canada final.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Feb 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

no no, that's not it. it's just that we feel like we, too, have a real and vested interest in the outcome... that hockey is as much american as it is canadian. One reason, IMO, that line up would be so frickin awesome

2. Click Here!

3. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

I agree with everyone, it would be great to see the Canadian's and American's play again!!! The passion and pride it evokes on both sides is great no matter how you look at it!

4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Don't they have Square wheels in Canada?

Some photos I took when I was up there:
    square_wheels.jpg

v0_master.jpg

square_bike_wheel.jpg

5. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

Congrats to the CANADIAN Womens Hockey team that just won the Gold against the American team!!!!!!!!!!

6. slocal

slocal Doot!

That happened a few hours ago.

Congrats to the Canadian women's team. Well played and well deserved. Congrats also to the US team for a great showing!

7. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

who cares about who invented it.... if someone wants to take credit for let them.... its just a great game to watch!

8. Click Here!

9. puma

puma Flamingo Tongue

I would just love to see Canada lose despite having such a stacked team. Buffalo is like a huge war zone of USA vs Canada. Its kind of cool because hockey is HUGE here. A lot of people cross the border for work and and to come to the mall here and its just a huge rivalry. So thats what i meant.

10. divott

divott Giant Squid

i dont think you can call it a stacked team. canada 100% nhlers , same as the us. swedes ,finns, russians , are prob 85% nhlers, the rest are either khl or european superleagues. on all those teams, half the team would be able to play for anybody elses. so cant call one team stacked. its the best players that each country can send.

11. puma

puma Flamingo Tongue

I would def say Canada has more stars than any other country. Sure USA, Sweden, Russia, and Slovakia have a lot of NHLers but not at the same level as Canada. Canada is so stacked it left guys like Jeff Carter and Mike Green off the team. If anyone of those guys were american, they would be on the team. I love guys like Kesler but to the average hockey fan hes not a "star". I really dont think any of the defenseman are stars or recognizable to average hockey fans either. Just my opinion tho. I love the NHL so i am aware of who they all are but they just dont seem to have the star power that some other players have.

12. puma

puma Flamingo Tongue

There is a reason why Canada was the favorite to win gold...cuz they are stacked