Olympics Hockey - I'm smelling me a U.S. vs Canada final.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Feb 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. slocal

slocal Doot!

There was some booing on Jack Johnson due to his hit on Downey during the '05 World Juniors ,but hey that's Hockey. Nothing like the Boo-birds coming out ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Toronto_Guy

Toronto_Guy Fire Shrimp

True, but booing a perceived cheap shot is a little different than booing a team for doing nothing other than beating you fairly.

If the US had been playing any other team in the final but Canada, I would have been hoping that they won.

I'm glad that it was a close game though... it gave me my fix of exciting hockey for the year. As a Leaf's fan, I don't have too much to look forward to for the rest of this year. LOL

4. slocal

slocal Doot!

Oh no, I'm not comparing the booing to bad sportsmanship on the part of Canada. I was explaining why there was booing instead of Luoing for the non puckheads.

Who knows, maybe Phaneuf and Jiggy can turn things around. I do like how Ronnie took the opportunity to blast the Leafs during the press conference after the match. I hope the Leafs take a lesson and play more aggressive. Gotta love how Ronnie never minces words. He's like a cerebral Tortorella

5. divott

divott Giant Squid

stastny + avs = u.s . weber + preds = can . i think jwins dyslexia kicked in. :)

and nothin persoanl meant to anyone dyslexic. said in jest.

6. slocal

slocal Doot!

lol...

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Hahaha thanks Guy :D Yeah, I typed that while in class, so my brain was already lost and confused. I got my teams mixed up :)

Either way, I had a guy on both teams :lol:

8. Click Here!

9. Toronto_Guy

Toronto_Guy Fire Shrimp

Well, we had a few guys here who would have been 3rd or 4th line players on better teams, and they were on the 1st or 2nd line because the team is rebuilding. You get A LOT of fan and media attention in Toronto as compared to some other NHL cities, and I think that it went to the heads of some of the players. They felt a little entitled to their positions, and weren't playing hard enough.

So Wilson used the media to send a message to them.

I think that's what happened with the recent trades... move some of those guys out.

I think it's just a little too late for us this year. We'd have to play amazing hockey AND some other teams would have to tank. Still, there's hope for next year.

10. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

Are you people thinking that booing was going on during and after the game? Even many Canadians were complaining in earlier games because it sounded like booing every time the goalie stopped the puck for Canada.
    Instead, then, and, after the game, the crowd was shouting LOOOUUUUU which is what the crowd does in Vancouver for all home games by Luongo's Vancouver Canucks.
    Roberto Luongo is revered by the hometown crowd and was the first goalie in about 60 years to have been made team captain.
    After the game, the crowd was again shouting out because in their minds, Luongo, THEIR hero, was the reason for the win because our loss was when Martin Brodeur was in net.
    BOOOING AT OLYMPICS

11. slocal

slocal Doot!

No one here made that accusation. As was discussed, the only booing was for Jack Johnson and for good reason. That elbow from 2005 was a nasty, dirty move.

12. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

From a previous post I read, I had the impression that the poster thought there was booing at the game.
    I know a lot of Canadians thought there was booing by the crowd so by extention it was quite possible that there were Americans thinking the same thing.
    My post was merely an explanation for it.
    I'm sorry if my post led you to believe I thought it was an accusation as it certainly was not meant to be.

1 person likes this.