Olympics Hockey - I'm smelling me a U.S. vs Canada final.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Feb 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. slocal

slocal Doot!

So true. It's weird but in a way you have to thank the KHL as well since many of the people that couldn't play in the NHL but were too good for the AHL still had a competitive place to go. Canada should not be the enemy to the US but a goal to be like in hockey.

2. Click Here!

3. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

It was a great game! My congrats to Canada for winning the gold! Lots of cheering going on in my house over the last minute tie. We just came out on the short end of the stick.....;D

1 person likes this.
  4. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

I'm going to contact the government to have them make Miller a Canadian so you won't be able to beat us by the next Olympics. His goal tending is just unbelievable!!

5. puma

puma Flamingo Tongue

Now its time for Miller to bring that cup to Buffalo!!

Congrats to Canada, it was a good game. Im glad Buffalo was well represented with Miller and Lindy Ruff from the Sabres and buffalo natives pat kane and brooks orpik.

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

congrats eh

i only got to see highlights :-[

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I had a Nashville Predator on the U.S. team, and a Colorado Avalanche on the Canadian team. Either way one of my boys wins :)

8. Click Here!

9. puma

puma Flamingo Tongue

Actually I cant think of an avalanche player that was on team Canada off the top of my head. I could be wrong tho but no one is sticking out in my mind. Stastny was on USA if thats who you are thinking of

10. slocal

slocal Doot!

Yeah, Statsny was the only Avs player between the two I believe. I'm sure Budai and Salei were playing for their selective countries as well.

11. Toronto_Guy

Toronto_Guy Fire Shrimp

Personally, I would have been shocked and then outraged if any of the Canadian fans had booed if the US had won the game. There probably would just have been silence for a bit, and then polite applause, and then more appreciative applause for Team Canada's effort.

If you heard what sounded like booing, you may have been mistaking the crowd chanting "lou", every time our goalie, Roberto Louongo, made a save. He plays for Vancouver, so he was playing in his home rink in front of a home crowd.

One of the reasons that Canadian's go so crazy about getting hockey gold in the Olympics is that for years we weren't able to send our pros to play. We'd be sending amateur level guys (that weren't able to crack the big leagues here) up against some of the eastern european teams (especially Russia) that were sending pro level people. They'd hide the fact that their players were pros by enlisting them in the Red Army.

For years Canada didn't even send a hockey team to the winter Olympics in protest to this.

12. Toronto_Guy

Toronto_Guy Fire Shrimp

I agree. People on both sides can sometimes take healthy competition and make things too personal!

The other year there were cases of US fans booing the Canadian national anthem before a playoff game (I think it was in Philadelphia, but I'm not certain), and there were cases of a Montreal crowd booing the US national anthem.

That kind of behaviour is just disgusting.