Oh yea the monster "15" gallon, lol

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Birchell, Jan 10, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Well Im just so proud of how far my little 15 gallon has come. This is my first saltwater tank and is doing great. I have never added anything to the tank, just water change every few weeks with should I say"tap" water. I know I know, but my tap is not as bad a big city water. When I lived in Lubbock Texas, the water would kill a fish in a matter of mins without dechlorinating it. But along time ago when I first started fish I would just put straght tap in the tank, lol. I never lost a fish from water poisoning. In my nano Ive never really had a problem with nitrates, or algea. Plus my tap is like liquid rock, so my water is like 350-400 ppm calcium all the time, he he. I quess that is why the coralline has taken off so well. I started with white "live" rock, and seeded it with one piece of rock that had coralline on it. Now after 8 months the tanks is covered. Im decided to keep this one going, and not tear it down, to add to the 100 gallon. It is just so hard to see it torn down, so needless to say, I have two tanks now. The discus tank better watch out, it will be salt one day toooo, he he. Well good day to all, and luck be with everyone and their tanks,

Michael

PS: hope the pic looks good, I can never make it look good....

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

4. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    i see a Pengiun filter! i am using the double on my fresh. nice fifteen. have you seen mine? and i also see mushrooms ...teehee... i do love me some mushrooms! and im glad to see that someone else likes the smaller tanks! karma! nice tank, small tanked brother!

1 person likes this.
  5. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

yeap, that is a pengiun, lol. And it came off a fresh. I like the shrooms too, they are blue stripe. I started with 3 like a month ago, now have 5. I also have a BTA in the top right corner, ( the hardiest anemone in the world, hehe) he has been through alot and now has full color again, and is growing, :). Down from the bta is a colony of yellow polps, with some random zoos that were on the rock. In the middle are some pulsing xenia. These are the best corals, lol. I got them the same time as the shrooms, started with two, now have 6, but the big top one is spliting 3 ways, so that will be 8 in like a month, he he. To the right of the xenia, is some blue anthilan, and the green thing to the right of the shrooms is a colony of green candy cane coral. I got them about 2 weeks ago. I waited like 6 months to put corals in the tank. Well I had too, because I killed everything but the BTA when I first started, lol. Oh well live and learn, now the tank is very stable, and growing like crazy. And I only have 80 watts of PC lighting. Thanks for the good word, and monkey im gonna have to see your 15. It is a tall 10 gallon like mine, lol. Petsmart had them for 10 bucks awhile back. I didnt even know they made a 15 till mine,

Michael

6. mushroom_man

7. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Wow your trumpet is huge, lol. Your tank looks longer than mine. Mine is 18 inches tall, 20 inches wide, and 10 inches deep. How long has it been running? I like the clean look of yours. Ive let the coralline get the better of me, lol. I need to clean the front glass, but I like it growing on the other 3 walls. SMALL TANK POWER, LOL.

Michael

8. Click Here!

9. milesm4

milesm4 Spaghetti Worm

Your tank is rad its covered in coraline, so cool!

10. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

BIRCHELL, you are like me! I was going to break down my 30 hex with the 125 upgrade, but didn't have the guts, besides, as well as the tank is doing it would be a shame to destroy a piece of the reef!

11. mushroom_man

mine is 24 long by 12 wide by 12 tall. that pic was before the black backing and i too have started to let the coraline take over the back wall. i have to keep the 3 walls clean because i have to monitor the bta that was in the process of splitting last night. i tried to get some pics but i dont know how well they came out.

12. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

well good luck with the bta. i just wish my ocellaris clown would find mine. ive seen it in the xenia, and even the shrooms, but noooo not the anemone, lol.