Oh yea, new frag!!!

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Birchell, Feb 16, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

:hehe: Well its been a few weeks so I thought I would go looking for a coral, I came home with two!! I got this alsome bright orange plate coral. Ive seen one before, and really liked it so I went for it. This guys is sweet!! I had no idea they ate like pigs too. I spot feed my trumpets, and a few planktons fell on the plate. Its mouth opened up, and some how it moved the plankton up to the mouth an ate it. So... I feed him some. It was no time and all the food was gobbled up. I also bought a rock with 3 green stipe shooms, one red shroom, and three frilly shrooms. Or that is what I think they are. I only took a pic of the plate, because the shrooms are still acclimating so there not they full size yet.

Michael

I know I need to clean my glass!!! The coralline is getting worse than algea now!!!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

GOOD you placed the plate on the bottom of your tank in the substrate!!! My question was going to be where you were going to place it!!! Good job!
    Plates will gladly accept brine shrimp etc. target fed to them and will grow quicker that way!! They will also move about at the bottom of your tank.

1 person likes this.
  4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

oh sweet!! I didnt know they could move!! Ive read up on them before I got it, so I did know to put it on the substrate. Ive been feeding it frozen zoo plankton, and it eats really good. I hope to see some growth. How big can these guys get? and how fast do they grow? Thanks CR,

Michael

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Depends on light, target feeding, calcium, pH and alkalinity. Dissolved organic and inorganic matter and amount of dissolved oxygen will also aid to coral growth!

6. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

:lol: I see

1 person likes this.
  7. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    ive seen them the size of a small pizza at atlantis aquarium, down here. but then again they have a 1200 gallon... lol

8. Click Here!

9. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

WOW!! This guys is in the nano, so pizza is not gonna work!! Oh well that guy has probably been in the tank for years. If mine gets to big ill get out the knife, hahahaha I hoping to start some frags in my 100 and see what my angel will let me get. I already have shrooms, soooooo well just have to see.

10. mushroom_man

nice! but they had it in there fresh. i think they got it from the wholesaler like that.

11. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Awsome. I love plate corals! I saved one that was 3/4 dead and now its thriving in my tank.

12. mushroom_man

nice! bruce, they can some back if they look bad?

3/4s bad?