Oh No.....I found a spider in my Salt Tank

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by CODEE111, Apr 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Get a red LED flashlight.. If it is in fact nocturnal, you'll be more likely to see the animal at night.. Most all fish, animals, inverts are color blind and can't see the red spectrum.. I hope you find it too. I HATE spiders. I got bit by a brown recluse at work a few weeks back.. I've had to get a series of shots and I've been taking meds since.. Doc said I was lucky I'm not allergic, and that I came to the ER immediately..! It still left a nasty nasty bite even with the meds. I know all spiders can leave a nasty bite, regardless if its venomous or not! I'm not sure about sea spiders though, and like corailline said, I've never heard of a venomous crab either.. Just looking at the possible ID pics irks me lol.

2. Click Here!

3. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

I never did see him near the Zoas, the two times I saw him he was hiding under the mushrooms. I took everything out of that tank and am just now waiting to see if I find him in the sand. I guess I could put everything back where it was and maybe he will return.

4. CODEE111

So sorry to hear about the Brown Recluse bite. They are terrible. I hope it heals really quick.

5. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Thanks Codee. You wouldn't believe the mark it made. I blew it off as a mosquito bite when it happened, bc I didn't actually feel it.. Which creeps me out even more. But by the time I got home from work that night, It was BAD. So my Dad tripped out and made me go to the ER.. But good thing! Any luck finding that SOB?

6. CODEE111

No and the tank is almost empty. I have a feeling he hitchhiked into my main tank when I moved everything over, after all, that's how I got him... as a hitchiker. He may have crawled into the filter holes too and is living in there.

I have come to the realization that he may never be found and if he is, I'll never get him out. The plus side is, he does seem to hide when he sees me so I'm hoping he will continue to do so and won't bite me. If he's not found in a couple days, I am going to put everything back the way it was and start looking under the mushrooms again. Hopefully, he's not a coral eater and will only eat the pods or frozen food I throw in. I'll have to deal with him if he returns.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  7. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

8. Click Here!

9. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

I'm gonna take this thread on a quick little tangent line for a moment. Colloidal Silver may have a place in modern medicine, and it may kill the heck out of inverts and harmful pathogens, and it may even kill your "spider", but it's also dangerous to people. Do not ingest it!!! Colloidal Silver: Risk Without Benefit

10. CODEE111

11. CODEE111

Thank you for letting me know.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Being in healthcare and a healthcare professional, I know that recommending certain medications, supplements or additives to treat certain conditions is not a good idea.

How certain medications interact with each other can be dangerous and without knowing a complete history and physical as well as current medication regime, it's a bad idea to recommend any products, be it anti-acids to vitamin supplements. It's a dangerous territory.

The benefits you received from the product is great and the fact that researched it throughly is equally good, but not everyone does that. Someone may see a recommendation and not do what is necessary to make sure that it is the right supplement for them as it relates to certain conditions.

1 person likes this.