offtopic dating question...help please?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by supratt, Nov 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mcfarrow

mcfarrow Skunk Shrimp

I know you have already gotten all of the advice you need and I didn't go through all the pages so forgive me if I am repeating something but I wanted to just say thing one thing.

Be confident and bold. I know you said your shy so just fake it. In no time it will become second nature. but dont take it too far and become a braggart or a hater.
    have fun

2. Click Here!

3. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

^^ What he said. Getting over shyness is all about becoming a good actor. I'm still shy on the inside when meeting total strangers, but when you talk to enough people in your life you get over it and are confident talking to anyone. It's all about making your body do what you want it to do (be confident and converse easily) instead of doing what it wants you to do (be shy). Get me?

4 out of the 5 jobs I've had involved me behind a cash register or serving customers, so they really helped me learn how to talk to certain people in a certain way. Nowadays, I can converse with total rednecks without looking like a dork, or I converse with educated old guys without looking like a redneck. You're not even old enough to have a job yet, so it'll all come in time :)

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Here's what I do:
    First you need to make sure everyone has a few (ideally more) drinks. Then when she asks what you do, you need to tell her you're almost done with medical school, studying to be a surgeon. When she asks you why are you still in school when you're 27, tell her it was because you decided to take a break and spend 4 years in the peace corps to help make the world a better place.
    When you go back to her place (always her place because, lets face it, my, err, your place is a delapitated stinking zoo of animal, fish tank, empty Guinness bottles, and dirty laundry) the most crucial move you need to make is to sleep on the outside of the bed, and to say your stomach hurts too much from the drinks to cuddle. This makes your early morning retreat from the inevitable horrid sight you wake up to much easier without waking anyone up. And whatever you do, do not leave your real phone number.
    That is the lesson I would sum up from personal dating experiences to make everything flow smoothly.

1 person likes this.
  5. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

with girls keep it simple. It's a numbers game. No matter what at some point you will get turned down. It happens, it's no big deal either. You gotta take a little risk if you want to get a reward. Plus even if you get a no that doesn't mean they won't come after you later it happens. Just get over the whole shy thing, most of us don't like to ask chicks out if we are uncertain.

6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Girls are a simple numbers game? What planet do you live on? :lol:

1 person likes this.
  7. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

Amen!!!

err, umm... you mean to tell me ppl actually do this in real life!? shame on them... haha
    p.s. you forgot the part about how you are the heir to a multi-million dollar trust fund...

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I cant pull-off the trust fund due to the 12 year old truck I parked outside of the bar. Otherwise, your additions are well noted. ;)

1 person likes this.
  10. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

Try going somewhere you can actually talk were you don't have to worry about being quiet.

11. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

What a horrid thing to tell a 15 yr old kid! He's a clean slate....Don't make him all chalky!::)

12. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I dont think he looked at the age tag..