Official Reef Capable LED Entries Thread

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

This is where you post your official entry in the 3reef Reef Capable LED contest. :)
    *ONLY 1 ENTRY (POST) ALLOWED*

To learn the rules for this contest or post feedback/comments - go here:

http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-forum-news-information/reef-capable-led-contest-94887.html

Please do not post more than one entry on the official entry thread. If you add a link later or the like, you can edit your original entry - if you have trouble doing so - just PM us. Multiple posts on the official entry thread may lead to disqualification from this contest. Please help us keep it clean for ease of our drawing.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

If I won this LED, I would be "forced" to set up a nano-tank at work.... that would be cool.

M

EDITED POST

Matt,

1, 2 and 3 complete.

Here is the link to your link so you can verify. I had to create a links page so I could link.

1) I'd create a frag tank or put a nano in my office.
    2) Created a facebook account and attempted the friends thing.

Mark<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

5. Dr. Bergeron

Dr. Bergeron Peppermint Shrimp

I would use this LED lamp to replace my planted tank at work with a new saltwater reef tank. During a desk-moving episode at work, a cubicle wall section fell down and Smashed into the aquarium, causing the front pane of glass to break. I rescued all of the fish and most of the CRS into a coffee can, but when I got home my angel fish systematically devoured all of the shrimp.
    [​IMG]
    I'll miss you planted aquarium. =(

I've also followed on FB!

Good luck everyone!

6. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

If I won this light I would spend a bunch of money on a tank and equipment to set up another reef tank it would go perfect with my brand new ro unit that I just installed my last reef nano was a blowout and I dont care much for my planted tank right now please pick me because that would be sweet like cherry pie...........

Notice how bad my lighting was before :confused:
    :hehe:

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      372.6 KB
      Views:
  7. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

I would use this to light the frag section of my 180's sump and of course document growth vs my halides (via comparison frag rack in my DT). I'm also a fan on myspace

[​IMG]

~Will.

8. Click Here!

9. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I'm already a fan on facebook, link posted on my wall, and if I won this fixture I would use it to set-up my spare tank as a frag tank for some zoas and other softies I have growing. That way I could start giving back some to all of the other 3reef members that have helped me out with corals before.

10. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

If I won this light I would give it to my dad so he could start a smaller tank that focuses more on corals. I know he wants to do more with corals, but currently he has a 90 for his fish. Do to several injuries he is recovering from surgery for or still inflicted with(double hernia, cracked vertebrae, torn ligament in his leg, nerve damage), and just plan getting old, he can no longer keep a tank that size in good enough condition for delicate corals. I know he would really enjoy propagating coral again.

11. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

liked on facebook, followed on twitter.

I'm pretty new to the saltwater hobby, longtime freshwater enthusiast.

Everything else aside, the best part of this hobby for me is the weekend trips to the lfs with my 3 year old son and his love for his "nemo fish".

This LED would just allow me to keep stepping up in this hobby to bigger and better things.

12. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

1. Really want to turn this refugium into a frag tank 8)
    (refugium is on left lower side)
    [​IMG]

2. Became a fan of 3reef on facebook (Patrick Rogers)

3. Shared a link on my facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/tatted4ever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.