Odyssea Lights in 2008

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by ChicagoReefOne, Dec 6, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hitman35

hitman35 Purple Spiny Lobster

I also have to 260w PC and i havnt been dissapointed other then the bulbs that come with it suck but once you replace those I think the fixture itself is decent others may not but as far the MH fixtures go i have heard the worst about em also i just got through modifying my light so that i can run actinics seperate ie: a new toggle switch

2. Click Here!

3. ChicagoReefOne

ChicagoReefOne Flamingo Tongue

Thanks for all the responses, especially Lunatik who was involved in several earlier posts about this brand. I know there are a lot of threads on this site and on others, but like I said, none really follow up to '08 (some start '06). I really appreciate the input and I'm sure others that are also thinking about those lights will too.

Anyone else with experience with Odyssea?

4. Beamerhack

Beamerhack Coral Banded Shrimp

Mine came with 3 light switches 1 or blues 1 for whites other for the Moonlights...

[​IMG]

Also the two fans that come with it are a joke. If you are really wanting to save the money I would get the PC edition. Blubs are blubs so even if the ones that come with the fixture are crap at least you can replace them in 6 months.

Agian I am not the Guru when it comes to this stuff I am merely stating that I am happy with what I got for the 99 bucks.

Beamerhack

5. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

I'm also happy with my 260W PC fixture that I purchased for $99 on ebay. Have had no problems whatsoever. I waited too long to replace the bulbs though. I waited a year but should have replaced after 6 months. The difference between the new and old bulbs was unbelievable. I have 3 switches and 3 cords. My switches are on top rather than on the back like Beamerhack's. The flow out of the fans is a joke indeed. Could almost get as much flow from convection cooling.

6. 2t2_crash

2t2_crash Fire Worm

Luna do you have a picture of the fan setup? also where did you pick your fans up from or did you use computer fans?

it's time for my fixture to be updated... new lights fans and when I can convince the wife... ballasts for the MH

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I got the fans from Tigerdirect, which is a computer store here in Miami. They are 2" fans used for an "add-on" cooling application. One side was easy b/c the fans fit in the bracket that came with the unit. The other side was a "rig" so to speak. I tie wrapped the two fans together and then tied wrapped the fans to a platform where all the wires are connected. Hope this helps. Luna