Octopus 2000 pump work with Turboflotor Multi Sl?

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by cjones1344, Aug 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cjones1344

cjones1344 Plankton

Been lurking for a while now, and finally had a question I couldn't find an answer to in an existing thread.

I'm in the process of switching my 75g that was given to me from a canister filter over to a sump with protein skimmer. My girlfriend wanted a tank too and we found a guy that sold us a 55g, a Seaclone skimmer, a Red Sea Berlin skimmer, a Turboflotor Multi Sl skimmer, a Fluval 304, some powerheads, and other misc crap for 120$. All I wanted out of it was the Turboflotor, but turns out the pump doesn't work. (Of course the Berlin that my gf got does work, I got the only broken piece of equipment) The part the impeller is attached to has seperated from the magnet so it doesn't spin when the magnet spins.

Tried to epoxy it back together (stupid I know), and while it did make it start moving water, of course I didn't get it quite straight and it vibrates like a mother. I've been looking for a replacement impeller but the whole thing has been very confusing and now I'm just looking for a new pump. I read that the pump the Multi Sl uses is labeled a OR 2500 but is actually a 1700, which is a modified 2500. I can only find the pump for like 75$ minimum.

My question is this: can I use a Reef Octopus 2000 needle wheel pump instead of the stupid, expensive, confusing OR pump? I read somewhere that someone was using one, and it's like 30$ cheaper.

Sorry I know that I could have asked that in maybe 2 sentences, but I felt compelled to elaborate.

Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. cjones1344

cjones1344 Plankton

Surely someone knows the answer to this.