OCReef XP-E 60 Watt CREE LED Aquarium Light

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

3reef sponsor OCReef has just stepped into the LED aquarium light scene with their own just-released fixture - The OCReef XP-E® 60 Watt CREE™ LED Aquarium Light. The OCReef CREE LED lamp packs a punch with 20 3 watt CREE XP-E LEDs: (10) 10K crisp white and (10) 453 nm Royal Moonlight Blue LEDs with 90 degree lenses. OC says the PAR values are sky-high with an average of 276 with a peak of 381 at 48 inches! I like the on-demand fan and the retro heavy-duty white and blue LED dimmer controls. At 15.8" long by 5.6" wide, the OCReef XP-E LED is ideal for many nano cubes out there that want the PAR without the halide heat. Available now at $499. More specs below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OCReef XP-E® 60 Watt CREE™ LED:
    OCReef XP-E® 60 Watt CREE™ LED Aquarium Light with 3 Watt High Intensity LED's

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Great looking fixture

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I havent purchased the lights for my frag tank yet. This is a good possibility. By the time I can afford them they'll be like 800 tho.

5. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

xmetalfan99,

Contact me and let me know when you're ready to purchase, and I'll hook you up with a sick deal. If you purchase one unit, I'll give you $50.00 off, this offer is valid for you, not only because you are a 3reef.com member, but because I like the fact that you have a frag tank, and are raising captive aqua-cultured corals. You are giving back versus continuing to take.

Regards,
    Dave with OCReef.com

6. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

We just set one of these up on our 20 gallon rimless reef a couple weeks ago. What a light!

There's nothing like having dimmers to adjust the color mix to your exact liking.

7. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

Yep, it is an incredible powerful light. We have two units over our 48 inch long 60 gallon reef office tank, and it's superb! Since we have been running them, we have noticed a lot more pink coralline growth, which I really like.

Attention 3reef.com forum members: For $25.00 off the $499.99 price of the OCReef CREE LED Light, use coupon code sweetdeal during check-out. This coupon code will be good for a few days only.

If you have any questions regarding the light, please ask me at anytime. Send questions to me at [email protected]

Happy Holidays... all fellow die hard fish heads!

Regards,
    Dave with OCReef.com

8. Click Here!

9. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Dave,
    Where in OC are you guys located. I would love to see these in action.

10. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

gcarroll,

Our offices are located in the city of Dana Point, CA 92629 near the beach.

I am in the process of making a YouTube video on the light. I'll keep everyone posted.

gcarroll, if you live close enough to me, here in Orange County, California, I could definitely come over to your home and/or office, so you could see the light in action over your aquarium for yourself.

If you'd like to set something up, email me at [email protected] with the specifics.

Regards,
    Dave with OCReef.com

11. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Dave,
    I left a message for youo about showing the product to our local reef club this week if you can make it.

12. ocreef.com

ocreef.com 3reef Sponsor

Hi gcarroll,

Sorry for the late reply back... been busy with the Holidays. Sure I'd love to attend a meeting. When is the meeting for December? Right now I'm actually sold out of the light, however we're having more manufactured and should be available I'm hoping before Christmas.

However I do have my prototype model light, that I could bring and show at the meeting.

You may contact me back either on here or at [email protected]

Regards,
    Dave with OCReef.com