Oceanic Systems

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Callahan, Mar 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Callahan

Callahan Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Any good? I'm looking at an 80 Gallon Bowfront. I hear they are pretty pricey new, but what do you all think of the brand overall?

Thanks,

-Ben

2. Click Here!

3. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

I don't recall reading anything about them -- positive or negative -- except that their prices were on the high side. Why a bowfront? I looked at them in the store, and decided that the distortion of the interior view would continuously irritate me.

4. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Oceanic is the best brand in the business as far as quality goes.

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

if that's the same company that makes the salt, then I'd say Go for it! Great salt!!!!

6. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

So are you saying if your favorite beer company started making cars, you'd buy their car? :hehe: Salt and tanks are 2 different things entirely. But yeah, Oceanic tanks are the best, particularly their starphire glass tanks.

7. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

HMMMM thats a good combo. LOL Let me add that my first tank a hex was a oceanic and it was a great tank.

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

If one product they make is great, then it would stand to reason that their others would be too....wouldn't it? They are in the salt water business... "Long known as the "Best of the Best", Oceanic and Coralife now function together as the market's leading manufacturers of premium aquarium products.". That was from their web site. So yeah, if they made cars, I probably would buy one, if I could afford one.

10. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Yeah, but only if it came with a starphire windshield ;D.

11. Callahan

Callahan Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

haha awesome posts guys n gals, its food for thought thats for sure. I think if Hefeweizen made a car it would be pretty sweet lol. Anyways firstly - SAW39, does the bowfront really distort the view? cuz I was looking into them because its a little different from your standard rectangle but doesnt distort as much like a HEX. Anyone else have any opinions on this?? Also thanks for the thoughts on oceanic I think if I can find one used or even new at a good price i'll oblige(sp?). Do any of you know if they will custom make one to your specs?

Thanks

-Ben

12. cuttingras

Here's the link, you can email them and ask. I'm sure if their stock tanks are pricey, then if they did do a custom, the $$ would be up there.
    Oceanic Systems

Let us know what you decided and post pics when you get it!!!:)