Oceanic Biocube

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Jason McKenzie, Apr 9, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I purchased a 14G biocube for my wife and we set it up in late Feb. Everything is perfect in the unit until Sunday. One of the 2 24W PC ballasts failed.
    Crappy thing is Oceanic's warranty 1-800 number only works in the US. and they are not returning my e-mails.

Does anyone have a number or e-mail address for Oceanic that works in Canada?

J

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

What's the #. If you want I'll call and see what I can figure out for you.

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Thanks Man,
    I just talked to a friend (LFS) who is going to get in touch with them for me

J

5. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

dang see if you can get ahold of the jbl 24w balast they are the same thing but commonly used in retro kits this would work perfect for you

also are you sure the bulb didn't burn out on you

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Yes that is what I gave the Boss last fall they do have a crappy design in their lighting system I was in the process of building a set of LEDS for it when I messed my leg up.. I was also just going to maybe use two P/C leads and a workhorse 5 ballast to put P/C's back in it. and locate the ballast out from under the top and put it on the floor or mount it to the Cabinet the tank is on.. But yes the system they came up with sucks. Also a small workhorse 5will run all the bulbs ..