Oceanic 58G Reef Ready

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by JustREEFit, Aug 7, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JustREEFit

JustREEFit Plankton

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of getting all of my equipment in the next month or so and I was wondering if purchasing a 58G Oceanic Reef Ready tank would be a good choice for a beginner. Should I just opt for an AGA 55G Reef Ready instead? Price is not an issue, but I just wanted to get everyones opinion on choosing a beginner tank.

Does anybody know the cheapest price for an Oceanic 58G RR? I've tried searching, but only came up with two online vendors selling them for $340.

Is it true that Oceanic is increasing their prices soon?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Peter

2. Click Here!

3. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

3 more gallons isn't going to make any difference in starting out.I would go with the one that seems better to you.

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i start with 55 with hang on the back over flow. but next i got 90 aga tank. aga's are nice tanks, even though i happened to buy the only one with a problem(well the problem is it only has one overflow really a 90 should have two). do you have a LFS? i would buy a tank from them unless it was custom shipping is expensive.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

The 58 is a good tank I set one up for a guy in Va he has since sold it to go to a 125. I told him up front to get at least a 90 :) Hindsight being what i is and all.. But Get a reef read never use a HOB overflow its a flood waiting to happen. And get as large of a tank that you can deal with .. Lighting is the only real cost difference between a small and or large tank. l
    And go to a Petco or some larger place and order on there is so little mark up in them its dumb to order online and pay the freight for a Common Carrier .

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

let me give you some tips for choosing tanks. 1) reef tanks look better with more visual depth so make sure you get one that has a good amount of width(ie a regular 55 is too narrow for the length
    [​IMG])
    . 2) the height shouldnt be any longer then your arm you will appreciate it in the long run.

7. JustREEFit

JustREEFit Plankton

Thanks for the tips!

8. Click Here!

9. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

10. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i live closest to richmond aquariums(like 5 mins) i go there, atlantis and fish world