Nuvo 10 lighting, need help deciding

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Piano10, May 30, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I have a 10g nuvo with the skyye light. 6x3watt led 50/50 10k

Thinking of replacing the light.
    Tank currently has lps, zoas, leather, and a birdsnest.

Narrowed down to 2 options

Aquamaxx Nemolight
    • LED Diodes: 8000K White, 460nm Blue, 630nm Red, 520nm Green
    • 18watts
    Rapidled par38

• Comes with 6 Royal Blue, 2 Neutral White, 2 Cool White, and 2 UV LEDs
    • 80 degree optics
    • Color temperature is roughly 17K to 20K

Which would be the better option

2. Click Here!

3. Lovemyreef2015

Lovemyreef2015 Flamingo Tongue

Piano I have seen some of your threads and it seems everyone has already given you advice on which lighting to go with a few times now. Radions, Prime, Kessil, Par38.I think you have all the information you need to make a choice. I would go with Radions, but it seems you are leaning towards the Par38 so I would go with that.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  4. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I have asked in the past regarding my 15g tank which has completely different livestock than my 10g, different dimensions than my 10g, and a whole different system.

I asked about 2 specific lights for opinions on them- not radion.

Everyone gets it, Radion is like the Lamborghini of lights but never did I once ask about Radion. Spending $800 on a 10g tank is ridiculous.

If ppl can't ask for opinions and advice in a place where the sole purpose of the site is to indeed help others- then clearly this is the wrong place to be.

I try to help others regardless of how many questions they have. Silly me- I didnt get the memo of the limits to questions or concerns one might have.

I left this site a while back for a reason as clearly MANY others have, since no one is on here anymore.

The attitude that others give.

5. Lovemyreef2015

I'm sorry if you think my post gives off attitude. I was giving you my opinion. The ten gallon you have will be a little shorter then 15 gallon. Using the same lights would be fine. I would go with the Par38.

6. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I apologize for my rant.

I just feel that when ppl ask specifics, theres a reason and we often regurgitate the same info rather than attempting to learn about other products that may be just as good.
    10yrs ago MH was the only thing advised yet many ppl were having success using PC and t5ho's. Led was bashed up until 2014- of no one ever tried something new, we'd never evolve.

I know the Radions are the favoured product but its also out of a lot of ppls budget or just too much for their system.
    To me spending $600+ for a light to be run at 30% of its power for mid level light requiring corals- is redundent.

I personally am trying to learn of various options, not just for myself but for others who may have limitations.

7. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

For my 15g I have decided on the Ai Prime. My only concern with the light was the spread but after reading and seeing others using it on the Nuvo20, it will work on the 15g because they are the same length.

My 10g is another light that needs an upgrade as the skyye light is just not enough, the spread is really lacking. 6x3watt leds.

The 10g is my hubbies tank, he prefers a more blue look.

He wanted the aquamaxx but my concern is that there is a lot of white leds compared to the ratio of blue and my understanding is that when you have a high ratio of white to blue, the red and green leds are not beneficial.

So once I figure out the best affordable option for the 10g- i can place an order and get it all done.

8. Click Here!

9. Lovemyreef2015

My husband recommend this one. 20k has the best spectrum and still has plenty of blue. It will really show off coral colors. The price is under $100. The maker of the light is in the picture. image.jpeg

10. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I wanted to go with coral compulsion, unfortunately the shipping, taxes, and customs made me switch to only Cda stores. Shipping was $54us, then an additional 20% for taxes/duties.

I wanted the 35watt for my 15g but its been sold out for 2 mnths.

11. amayba2

amayba2 Plankton

If your husband is looking for a blue light how about a kessil a160we tuna blue? I know that if I was setting up a 10/15 gallon it would be this light or the ai prime that I would buy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk