Nitrate reductor

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by boogie, Apr 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

It would probably even work better with this suggestion. You can even use the newer low energy bulbs at home depot. They have those in a really great 5500 or 6500k.

I've read 5500k is the best for growing your refugium.

===

Also, and this is more just my curiosity than advise, can a fresh water swimming pool filter/pump even handle saltwater?

What is it made of? Does it have copper parts? Will it leach? Will it corrode? I have no idea. Just throwing it out there for consideration.

2. Click Here!

3. boogie

boogie Plankton

good question. I am meeting with the owner of my lfs store this w/e. He still thinks it would be good to use. It's sand filter. I'll let you guys know how it works.;)

4. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

There is a place here in Florida (Bradenton) that has a very nice store called Marine Dreams They too have a large tank displayed in the store and use a sand filter that the owner made out of acrylic to control nitrates. When I asked him he said it helps him keep everything in check and helps him deal with the large bioload issues. You may try contacting them as well.

5. boogie

boogie Plankton

6. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

wow this thread is wild!!! i cant wait to see some pics.

7. jkuja913

jkuja913 Spaghetti Worm