Urgent Niger Trigger has skin parasite I think

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by leighton1245, Jan 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I can get a picture of him right now cause he is hiding but on one of his sides he is turning blackish and looks like he is pealing. He does actively swim when i feed him blood worms but then goes back and hides. Will try to get a picture later when I feed him.

2. Click Here!

3. swinkreptiles

swinkreptiles Melanarus Wrasse

Sounds a little like LLE. Pic would be the most helpfull.

4. leighton1245

What is LLE? ill try to get him to swim now.

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Also, are bloodworms the only food he's getting? They are very low in amino acids, vitamins, and have no HUFA's whatsoever. This could be HLLE (Head and Laterial Line Erosion) induced by poor nutrition.

6. leighton1245

Im feeding him bloodworms, trace elements once a week, seaweed clipped on the side of the tank. Is there anything else i should be feeding? Thanks for all the help

7. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

If I were you I would head to the local grocery store and get shrimp, a non oily no bone white fish (saltwater), clams and oysters and dry seedweed. We chop it up real good mix with mysis and garlic. We place a piece of egg crate in a large plastic zip lock and freeze it. It makes easy to use cubes. Try that for about 2 weeks. Much more amino acids, fats nutrients that the fish may be lacking. All of my fish love the mix, clowns, firefish, sixline, yellow tank, lawnmower blenny, crabs, starfish, everyone will love it!

8. Click Here!

9. leighton1245

I will give it a try where do you put the frozen cube? thaw and right in the tank?

Oh i forgot to add this to the original post that I have had him for less then a week.

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

We are all making educated guesses here. We don't have a picture. We don't have any water parameters either. (We need both quickly).

If this is HLLE, it's not from malnutrition while in your tank (in 1 week). It had it when you bought it.

11. leighton1245

[​IMG] bad picture but its all i could get.

12. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

Yes thaw with tank water and add. Im not saying it will be a cure but it should help with the nutrition of the fish.