Next tattoos!? Start off my "reef sleve"

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Toallhisdoom, Mar 19, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

So i already have a big tribal piece on my upper left arm (elbow up to sholder/chest/back)

And i want to finish the sleve with some tribal reef life!

The first pieces i was thinking about incorporating was a tribal crab, or a tribal lionfish!

Anyone else got any ideas? Mb tribal shark?

My favorite of the 3 design pics i have found is the crab, then the shark, then the lion.

Gotta get someone to design me something ;) lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

oh and just so this can stay in the general reef section, here is part of my tribal i have, and my buddys 45gal marineland cube!

Attached Files:

4. Toallhisdoom

Really love this shark with all the other elements incorporated into it, but dont think i would have enough space to make it big enough to do it justice.

Attached Files:

5. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

6. Toallhisdoom

I want that one the most, but just dont like any of the designs i find! Get me one drawn up and ill go get it tonight! hahaha

7. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

dude ive saved this pic for about 2 years. i will get it at some point but you should think about this one...
    Just make sure you have enough room or the tang police will be all over you lol

Attached Files:

• TAT.jpg
      TAT.jpg
      File size:
      18.6 KB
      Views:
  8. Click Here!

9. Toallhisdoom

Ohh thats cool! I was thinking a predator sleve would be cool ;)

10. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

I'm not to big on the tribal but if I had to pick one that looks like it would suit you I would go with the shark. The crab looks like it has a heart in the middle and not that I don't like hearts (I have a couple traditional sacred hearts) it doesn't look like it would go with your other work. That my personal preference and observation.
    I myself am big into inkwork, I have 14 different pieces. Chest, stomach, back, sleeved arm, leg and back of neck. I looking into sleeping my left arm and doing it traditional underwater theme. I was thinking a krackin with a ghost pirate ship an just let the artist let their mind run free with it. I haven't gotten anything in a while and am looking for a good artist. I know there is plenty of artist in San Diego but I am real picking when it comes to what I will let someone do.
    Good luck on your decision. Let me know if there is anything that I can help with.

11. Toallhisdoom

Yeaa i agree i like the shark a lot! It does kinda fit my personality! lol and my gf is going to draw me up a lionfish!

Here is my back piece, my gf has the same one but a lot smaller on the back of her neck. It means basically rebirth or like a "new start" for the way we found each other. The green is emerald for her birth stone.

And a better pic of my tribal work. I want to get it completely redone. I was young and stupid and went to a ****ty artist, had just turned 18 and thought it was the cool thing to do. But these 2 pics are from 2 years ago.

Attached Files:

12. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

I like the angle of the shark on the wall. It's a cool view that you still know what it is. That tang is pretty sweet too. I've been wanting to do an angler fish or a reef style tat. But those will come later as I got plans for a partial sleeve I've been wanting to go with my 2 massive scars running along my left arm.