Next on Animal Hoarders...

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Steve34, Feb 17, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

My urchin fell upside down in the pistol shrimps cave and I had to take the to rock off to rescue the urchin who seemed to be hopelessly stuck.

Anyway I saw under that big rock for the first time and wow that pistol has collected a ton of stuff from the tank.

This is a short, horrible quality, video of the pistol putting its affairs back in order after the disruption

Pistol Shrimp Rebuilding - YouTube

2. Click Here!

3. Cjiggajess

Cjiggajess Bristle Worm

:yelrotflm That makes me want a hoarding pistol shrimp! How funny!

4. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

I really do feel horrible the little thing is a couple hours into this rebuild and has collapsed the whole thing 2-3 times just to start over again.

One piece of advice I would like to give the shrimp is not to use live snails as part of the foundation.

5. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Too funny. And you blamed the drier for stealing your socks.Bet you feel pretty dumb.;D

7. nyvw

nyvw Skunk Shrimp

Makes me want to buy the pistol at my lfs... Maybe it would pair with my goby.

8. Click Here!

9. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

Thought I saw my red one in there, turned out it was just a bristle worm the size of a pony.

...that's another subject though, massive stinking bristle worms in his cave. When I put food near the opening out comes the shrimp and 2-3 worms. They all grab some food and go back inside.

bosom buddys saltwater style.

10. Steve34

Steve34 Feather Star

What kind of goby do you have?

11. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Thats funny.I was just reading an interesting article about how the gobies breed while having a pistol shrimp companion.The author had his tank setup so he could see underneath.There was a huge bristle worm in the tunnel that would steal pieces of food from the shrimp.He didn't seem to even care.:)

12. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

I could see how the pistol would love having the B worm as a roommate-helping keep things clean don't ya know :)