Next Generation BioCube by CoralLife

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Biocube, Jul 2, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

I was at my LFS today and I noticed a newer, flashier, sleeker, sexier BioCube sitting in the corner. I stopped and stared in complete confusion. The hood now has hinges, you can now add LED accent lighting. This thing is my dream!!! Where was this unit when I started last year?! But back to my review! CoralLife has dropped the Oceanic name and installed a super charger under the hood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what makes this unit better over previous units? Well for starters CoralLife listened to their customers and removed the black vinyl restricting light entering the back chambers thus allowing you to make your own refugium back there. As mentioned before they added hinges into the hood!! Let me tell you, as a current BC29 owner, I would kill for some hinges on my light hood. Since we are on the topic of the hood, CoralLife added some extra switches allowing the user to have FULL control of their lights & LED accent lights. And they added better cooling into the hood, now I cant really tell or see the difference but perhaps they added fans with more RPMs or added extra air channels to direct airflow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Previously I mentioned something about a super charger.. It seems CoralLife has upgraded the return pump with 30% MORE FLOW RATE!!! 243 GPH to a boasting 265 GPH! They say this increase in GPH and increase flow rate for better filtration.

Lastly lets talk about the new LED accent lighting, CoralLife has incorporated LEDs to add shimmer effect and bring out the natural color of your corals. There is no need for extra plugs or wiring, all you need to do is open up the acrylic cover and snap a LED bar into place. That simple! Now my LFS didn't have any LEDs installed except for the moon lights.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well I hope you enjoyed my small write up on the new BioCube, thanks for reading.

More info:
    BioCube | Coralife Marine & Freshwater Aquarium Supplies

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Chuyr

Chuyr Astrea Snail

wow this thing looks sweet. how much was it? i planed on gettin a biocube soon but would rather settle for this one.

4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

great write up. I love my bio-cube. It was my first tank, and now we have 2 of them among our tanks. I love that you can do a fuge in the back

5. leichr0220

leichr0220 Astrea Snail

That looks great. When you say hinges in the hood...maybe I am confused but my 14 had hinges that allowed you to remove the hood rather easy...

6. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Very cool! I imagine hinges alone are a pretty big deal. But the other touches sure are nice too.

7. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Very nice write-up, do you buy the LED's separately?

8. Click Here!

9. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Currently 303.99 at PetCo!

Agreed! I am happy with my BC, by far my fav Nano tank.

The BC29 didn't have hinges, made it rather difficult to aquascape.

:) Agreed

Thanks! You need to purchase each LED separately, I found them online around 27 bucks.
    Coralife BioCube Cool White LED

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Nice review sir! Those are some nice upgrades. Is that an old-school airstone skimmer I see in there? Of course I like that. Just curious. An interesting mix of old and new there. :)

matt

11. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Thanks Matt!

12. Chuyr

Chuyr Astrea Snail

wow thats not a bad price is it because of the sale?