Newly introduced Colt vs. Fungia

Discussion in 'Coral' started by JohnSt22, Jul 3, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JohnSt22

JohnSt22 Plankton

I just bought a colt coral and was trying to locate the right spot on the rock to place it and of course, it fell and landed right on top of a fungia(plate coral) for only a couple of seconds. I had to grab the colt by the branches to get him off. I finally got it situated but it's branches grew real fat. Is this a big deal or will they both be alright will a little time.

Thanks for the help

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Im pretty sure there is nothing to be worried about. I do not believe either coral are big "stingers". Just keep an eye on em. But i do believe that everyone will turn out fine.

4. ItsHardwick

ItsHardwick Plankton

fungias arent stingers but they sure are eaters... something gets in that mouth and its over

1 person likes this.
  5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

They will both be fine! Make sure you are supplementing with iodine for the Colt especially! And the Colt needs moderate waterflow to aid in preventing it from "collapse". If that happens, it's all over for the Colt. Place the Fungia on the sand bed at the bottom of your tank. And every other day or so, I would feed it Mysis or Brine shrimp using a baster or similar item.

1 person likes this.