New to LPS.. Check out my swollen trachyphyllia?!?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Pre-game, May 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pre-game

Pre-game Astrea Snail

so this trachy, or wellso or open brain.. whatev you want to call it decided to puff up like a giant baloon today.. he has been in the tank now for a week or two at least... im new to this and i searched everywhere but could not find any info on swelling up like so.. i did read they will swell but its almost to the extreme here,, is this normal? every pic i could find looks like how he did the whole time i had him previously ( yes its a him now..) if it was a pimple i would of already popped it... but since he was more expensive than a pimple. i figured i would ask you all if this is good, bad, normal, or what?!

here are two pics of the swollen member... and the last ones were a few days prior when i thought he was normal.. currently in my moon lights he is actually even bigger!!! i guess i can only see what goes on tomorrow..

heres a pic.. sorry its off my cell phone..

[​IMG]

another

[​IMG]

and what i presumed to be normal a few days before.. just happened to snap a pic of the tank...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]