New to Forum

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Pete, Jan 7, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pete

Pete Astrea Snail

I have been reading the forum for a while but have never posted. I am finally realizing a dream that I've held for a long time...my own reef aquarium. I've had a small freshwater tank in my office for years but always dreamed of saltwater and I've finally taken the plunge. I know that I'm going to need help so I'm introducing myself. One of the things that I've got to figure out is to write a concise description of my setup. Basically, I have a 120 gal AG tank with the dual megaflow system. I have just yesterday put in 120 lbs of Fiji LR. I am taking it slow and reading all I can...two things I see constantly emphasized in the posts.

2. Click Here!

3. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Hey Pete. Welcome to 3reef. Its a great place to be... trust me. You can add your tank info in your signature, that way eveytime you post people will see it.

Oh and good luck!!!

Marc.

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Welcome to 3reef Pete

Sounds like you are going to make an excellent Reef Geek Just like us all.:hehe: :goldfish: Like you said Just take it slow and be patient and it will pay off in the end !!!;) Good luck and don't be afraid to ask Questions........ John

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Welcome to 3Reef!

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Hi Pete,
    Welcome to 3 Reef! I, like yourself, have just recently posted for the first time.
    Best of luck with your reef tank. Your starting off the right way with alot of live rock. Live rock and live sand, I feel, is your best bet in creating a healthy reef tank. Lighting is also very important. You have to first establish what kind of inverts and corals you plan on keeping, then incorporate the right type and strenght of light ie.(metal halide or power compact) and watt per gallon and color of light for the tank ie.(whiter or bluer color for your tank from say 10,000k or 7,100k) to make you tank inhabitants flourish as well as eye appeal.
    Well school is out for now!
    Best of luck and again welcome

Tom(coral reefer)

7. JeridJohnson

JeridJohnson Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Welcome...

This is a great forum/community.

8. Click Here!

9. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

Welcome to 3reef great place for answers and many great people here on 3reef. Good luck with your new ventures

10. snake

snake Astrea Snail

Welcome Pete, 3reef Forums Have Some Very Knowledgable Members Who Are Always Happy To Help. You Are In Good Hands