new to 3reef

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by alpinefish, Feb 4, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpinefish

alpinefish Plankton

Hi, names Bob, Ilooked thru this site and found that you guys have some great info and also insite. One of the things i didnt see is bashing thats great because in alot of things people who have some experience seem to bash those new to the hobbies. I believe in being positive as well as honest. About reefing I have a 80g and a29g and am new to salt "1 year" but old to fresh. this helps and hinders as you probable know. I do h20 checks but mostly let the guys living in my tanks tell me whats going on. it works for us. Ihave rose anemonies dividing, colt out of contol, 2 cleaner shrimp with 10billion kids etc. well this is long enough, just wanted to say hi.

2. Click Here!

3. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

8) 8) Hi Bob and welcome to 3REEF 8) 8)

4. SERMECH

SERMECH Plankton

Hi bob and enjoy there is a great bunch people here.

5. billy31422

billy31422 Feather Duster

welcome bob. i have never heard of mating cleaner shrimp. did you just get lucky or did you put them together on purpose?

6. alpinefish

alpinefish Plankton

I just bought 2 and thats it. about every 2-3 months on a full moon or if i forget to turn off the television"you know the blue screen" within a few days they are both loaded with eggs. the next month, just after lights out the tank will be filled with free swimming larva. No joking if i had to guess id say 1-2 per 1/2"sq. you should see the feeding frenzie. fish dont sleep when theres that much fresh food. by morning the larve that made it thru the night are in every cranny. my first batch from about 6 months ago are still small 1/8" or so but theres at least 100 of these. anybody else ever have this happen?

7. billy31422

billy31422 Feather Duster

thats really cool. first i've heard of it.

8. Click Here!

9. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

A first for me too. Thats very cool.

10. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Welcome!! 24hr all you can eat!! LOL

11. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

WELCOME TO 3REEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everyone is here to help and don't forget we all started out as newbies. The only bad question is the one not asked! Good luck with your salt endeavors...By the way where can you get those breeding cleaners?

12. alpinefish

alpinefish Plankton

Jans Tropics Carson City NV, is where i got them. So no one else so far has heard of this. I tried to take photos last night but dont have macro, you can see how fat the gill plates are but cant see any details. 1 shrimp is loading up again but as of now the eggs are clear, when they turn green which is before they release them ill try to get another photo. also the young are released from thye parent as free swimming larva.