new tank?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by marc1986, Aug 19, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

That's not too bad...The mods you made to your nano that is....

I saw the Hydor koralia at the LFS last night...not too pricy...They're pretty cool...

So you didn't have to make any adjustments to the lighting...cool.

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I didn't change the lighting because I'm selective about what I put in, it's the tank for the baby room so it doesnt have any expensive corals in it, most expensive thing in there is the rose bta and thats just in worth, I got it for free and it's already split a couple of times. Just don't buy any corals that can't thrive under powercompact lighting if you go with the 24dx, if you want clams or SPS corals buy the 28HQI model.
    Fish Ranch 2 is over in sharpstown while you're over there go by sharpstown auto and tell Chuck hi, thats the father in law lol

4. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

LOL will do...I'll check it out this weekend...its hella far from my place...I actually live wayyyyy north of there...in the Kingwood area. (Not sure if you know where that is).

SOOOO....I think I've come to my decision...I'm going to get the RSM...it's just a matter of coming up with the green :(

Dumb ol' bills...

Hope shipping is free if I have to order online.

5. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

my best advice from one newbie to another is to do TONS and I do mean tons of research! I personally have done about 8 months worth of research and reading….3 books and hundreds of threads later…..I think I should be good! :)..............maybe im just a slow learner:-[

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

man I look at craigslist for houston all the time I'm betting you could get into a really nice setup that needs some work cheap and doing the work is great experience in the hobby, best way to learn is to jump in and fix screwups, great thing is their other people's screwups your fixing but still

7. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

Thanks Bunner,

That's exactly what I wish to do...I have been reading articles and threads and have even been in touch with the fishkeeper at my LFS...the only ones I actually do trust around my area...the others are just trying to make money...I bought my two dogs from them...so they know when I want something bad enough I get it :) lol

But I do intend on doing further research...and I look forward to the experience as a whole...as far as money goes...I am prepared for the challenge.

When I do finally get my RSM I will do a start to finish set up thread :)

Look forward to sharing it with yall...as I know yall will be of GREAT help!

8. Click Here!

9. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

Yeah...that's true Iraf...I'm just sometimes very skeptical...I would really like to have a SW tank that I was the first owner of...

Just me being paranoid or something...I am always just afraid that something will go wrong...with preowned stuff...

Idunno I guess I'm just paranoid :)

10. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Foster and smith does not charge by weight they basically charge by cost. So that 17.99 shouldn't change.....

11. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

Awesome!

Thanks once again Gazog.

:)

12. gythwulf

gythwulf Feather Duster

1 person likes this.