New Tank

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Breed, Oct 26, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

Hey everyone!!

Recently I have been thinking about setting up a new tank in my house, from measurement it will be around 150g. One of the rooms is hardly ever being used and thus its being changed. There is one long wall that is around 2m long which I am thinking of setting up another reef tank. Yes I have the Bug :p

I was thinking of setting up a refugium etc in the cabinet under the tank with the sump and filter system. I think it would be 100+ Gallons. How much do u guys think it will cost with the top of the range (or close to top of the range) products like tanks, filter, lights, refugium, skimmer etc??

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Breed

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  2. Click Here!

3. tooconceited

tooconceited Spaghetti Worm

As long as you've owned your house for at least 15 years and have never refinanced you should be good to go. ;D (after you refinance)

4. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

On my 180 gal new setup my costs are coming in at about 3k just for the hardware. (tank, stand, canopy, lights, ext) And that is at store cost. Then you still need live stock. So after fish, coral, rock, and sand and all the other hidden costs i'm budgeting for about 5k.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

If you have the tank and all not that much Lighting can be done many ways I just got my M/H transformer's
    2. 250watt at $43.87 ea
    1. 400 watt $58.36 ea
    3.175 watt 41.88 ea
    3. mogul sockets $ 8.79 ea
    3 I already have
    Bulbs 55.00 to 70.00 ea depending on wattages and brand names

40 gal breeder for sump 90.00
    main pump 190.00 this varies also from brand and types

Internal circularing pump 150.00

I use old base rocks I had
    bottom media dry araggonite 2 bags 100.00
    these are USA $$$ but this will give you an idear

6. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

Ahh i see!! yer thanks alot everyone, that gives me a good idea on the prices. I think im going to the LFS on the weekend so ill have 2 get a price off the guy.

Thanks alot!!!

Breed

7. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

Has anyone used the Aquaone Aquariums?

I was looking at the 370L or 150g model with the built in triple florescent lights, wet/dry trickle filter. Could be turned into a nice reef tank if a skimmer is added, but are the florescents going to be too weak for coral and inverts? Is the filter going to be too slow and ineffective? Thoughts?

Should i buy maybe another canister filter or hang-on filter, cause i think the filter is only small at in the canopy of the tank, and not a proper sump wet/dry filter??

Thanks Everyone!!