new tank...

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by Exlax, Oct 25, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Exlax

Exlax Plankton

Hi everyone, this weekend i had to drive about an hour away to get a tank. He said it was a 150 gallon but i measured it and it is only 100. I got the tank for 125 dollars, and it came with lights, 2 penguin 300 filters ( 1 works) they are connected to an undergravel filter, and that is about it. I have 2 turtles, 1 is in a 55 gallon and 1 is in a way smaller one. I tried puting them together but my original turtle kept attacking the bigger one while he just kept trying to avoid him. SO i put the mean one in a small tank. So do you think i should put them both in the 100 because they will each have more room, or should i put the big one in the 100, and a bunch of fish because the big turtle hasnt gone after ANY fish in the 55 gallon, and then just put the smaller turtle in the 55 gallon? What are your ideas? Help me out please. Also i want to set the 100 up real nice with a bunch of wood for the turtle(s) to get up on. I saw one at my LFS that i want to model it after. IT looked realy natural. Please show me some pics, or links on nice setups that i can pull off. ANY TIPS OR OPINIONS ARE APPRECIATED.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Well if they don't get a long at all I guess it's safe to say keep them seperate. What kind are they? Good deal on the tank. Did you set it up?

4. Exlax

Exlax Plankton

They are RES i hope that the one was just being territorial and when i put them in a bigger space at the same time they will get along. I havent set it up yet because i need to make a stand or atleast move the 2 desks that the 55 gallon tank is on now...