new tank ?

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by cjsdubia, Dec 2, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cjsdubia

cjsdubia Astrea Snail

Metal Halide Lighting: Marineland Marine Series Pro Lighting at Foster & Smith Aquatics

im looking at getting this fixture for my sps tank what do you guys think of it ? im use to going with t5's and this will actually be my first lighting setup that goes away from using the t5's

im adding on a azoo fan on the one end of the system im either doing a 60 inch longx 28 wide

or a 72 long x 18 wide

and thats the second part

is this fixture capable of lighting all 28 inchs of width because i like my acan colonies which will be in the front of the system

2. Click Here!

3. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

That would work but....you could do LED's for that price.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Welcome to 3reef,

Looks good to me.

As mentioned you could go with LED, a really nice fixture for the same price. A lot less heat and a much longer bulb life.

If I had to buy a new fixture and I had that amount to spend I would go with a quality brand LED and I use MH.

5. cjsdubia

cjsdubia Astrea Snail

i actually really wanted to do a AI sol configuration but it says you need 1 per 12 inchs of spread and i figured that to be almost 2k

what would be the led fixture you saw for 1K?

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

7. cjsdubia

cjsdubia Astrea Snail