New tank, Lighting help

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Viper3166, Jun 4, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Spend the extra time now engineering the system and you will be very grateful later on. ;D

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

We're lucky, in our club, we have all kinds of engineers, hahaha. Its good when dealing with plumbing when a hydraulic engineer is a phone call away, haha. Or you got a retro kit with no wires nor wiring diagram on a weekend, and a electrical engineer is a phone call away, haha.

4. Viper3166

Viper3166 Feather Duster

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Little Giant Water Pumps - Pet Solutions
    I would get one of these. Model 4MDQX-SC that is 1400 gph at 1' of head. I run 4 of these and they are super quiet. I was quite impressed with them. Plus they don't cost an arm and a leg.

6. Viper3166

Viper3166 Feather Duster

Model 4 MegaFlow Sump | Wet/Dry Filters | Filters | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com
    Little Giant Water Pumps - Pet Solutions
    i was also looking at adding a refugium to the loop,
    eBay: 36 Pro Refugium acrylic aquarium live algae coral rock (item 300094339120 end time Jun-20-07 16:57:11 PDT)

the ? is tho, do i need to add another little giant yet, i'm guessing the 1st one will pump water from the megaflow sump to the refugium and then i would use the other little giant to pump the water from the refugium back to the tank???? or should the refugium be seperate ???