New Setup...New Hobby!

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Jokko453, Feb 20, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jokko453

Jokko453 Plankton

awesome about your husband, thanks for leading the way;D.

I have a Red Sea Max with with about 50 pounds of LR and sand. Other than that I have some testing equipment, and other little dds and ends Im not too worried about.

Im not sure if they would ship the aquarium or not...plus I would be living in the barracks in both places, and most bases will only allow you to have up to a 20 gallon aquarium, which that might not be exactly true I can find that out through some research.

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

I knew a guy with a fw 55 gal in the dorms at Robins, but that was eons ago......way back b4 electricity and inside bathrooms :hehe:
    where are you from orig? you AF? or Army going to an AF base?(base, not post lol)

4. Jokko453

Jokko453 Plankton

Im originally from Cincinnati Ohio... Im AF but stationed at an army post here( Ft Gordon=bummer). The only thing I know really about keeping aquariums in the barracks I got from here lol...but it could just be army rules since the army owned the building. It would be pretty sweet if I could keep it in germany though....

5. cuttingras

Wow, small world.....My best friend is from Lawrenceburg...Ever hear of Kidymcus(the band?) How in the world did you end up at Ft. G? How big is that red sea max? I'm sure they come in all sizes? Can you find someone there to buy it all from you? You bought it from Bob's didn't you LOL

6. Jokko453

Jokko453 Plankton

I guess I ended up at gordon with nothing more than a bit of bad luck lol. There are about 500 of us here doing our thing. the max is a 34 gallon tank and I think its the only size it comes in but im not an expert.

I try not too look at Bob's Tropical too long for fears I might get dirty....so I try not to shop there much lol. I actually bought all this at Star Aquatics...REALLY nice, clean place.

And sorry, never heard of the band:p

7. cuttingras

Where is Star Aquatics? I know there is another store in Thompson, but it's like Bob's I try not to go there either LOL Have you gone to Bob's new store? It's clean isn't it?? I looked up Star see it's on Washington Rd. When I get off Bobby Jones I go left onto Washington...how far down and on which side? Near the Kroger or further?

8. Click Here!

9. Jokko453

Jokko453 Plankton

The new store is still kind of dirty. Once you get to washington from bobby jones take a right, then keep going till you see lexus dealer, take a left, then take left at the first light, it will be on your right. Star Aquatics is on washington too, but out in Evans. kinda past the target and and petco shooping center. its in a shopping center with publix in it. I like the place a lot.

10. cuttingras

I've been to Bob's old and new but I didn't think it was dirty lol....I'll have to check out Star the next time I get to Augusta :)

If ya ever need a home cooked meal, while you are still at Ft. Gordon, come on down! When do you transfer?

11. Jokko453

Jokko453 Plankton

Thanks for the offer! I Leave here in November now, officially. I guess I really will have to sell my tank:cry:. Oh well. Shyte happens....this just means when I can get back into it...I can get a BIGGER tank:cheesy:

12. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

^ thats the greatest part about this hobby! oh and Cuttingras wants you to come over so she can take you hostage and demand all your corals or fish!