New Section: Save the Reefs!

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 6, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[​IMG]

~ Low Impact Reef Aquariums ~

Oh my. A new section for the site.
    This has been something I've wanted to write for a long time.
    My little way to save the world. heh. Hope you like it.

>> Enter 'Save the Reefs' <<

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Hey! Nice new section! I had been planning a low impact aquarium! I will be getting tank raised Rose BTA and probably a family of juvy perculas (tank raised of course) ;D

Appreciate the Info! Great Job Matt!!!

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks Sue. :)

My hope is that it merely makes people think about what choices people make and the impact they have and also that we can play a part in turning some things around.

I know this is a very complicated issue. If just a few more people make choices here and there that reduce the impact on the wild based on something they learned here or found out after doing their own research, I'll be psyched.

Thanks for listening.  ;)
    matt

5. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Matt,

Well you know my opinions :) Or at least some of them LOL

More power to you Matt.

John

6. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

That is a great article you wrote Matt and I am delighted to see your compassion for the reef inhabitants.  

I just read another article in I believe the September 04' Issue of TFH.  I don't have the magazine at my disposal today but I will double check tomorrow.  I believe it is one of the first articles in the magazine.  I found it very informative and if you have access to it I would suggest reading it.

Join the fight to save fishes lives! (and corals ;D)

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thank you fishy and John. :)

I've added some numbers from a UN press release on the marine trade and I will continue to update the page occasionally.

I've had some interesting emails over this and I look forward to more discussions. That's what it's all about. Awareness, discussion, action. At least, that's my hope.

matt

8. Click Here!

9. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I just recieved this message from Andy, persident of IceCap Inc:

Hi,
    I just visited 3reef.com and tried to post this:
    This page reads like the theme of next year's MACNA in Washington DC, sustainability.

Thank you for having such information in a compact and useful manner. IceCap will be donating products to help spread the word. I'd like to widen the scope of environmental sensitivity to the trash stream our hobby often creates when hobbyists use cheap 'disposable' products.
    Andy

I'd like to offer one of our LED 1 watt products (see our site) as a prize or however you want to frame it, to attract traffic. When we see how it's received we'll plan for future events. Thank you for doing the right thing.
    Andy
    [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

10. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

Matt.....congrats on a job well done..very impressive!!