New Saltwater Fish Only Tank!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by coral reefer, Oct 2, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

As many of you probably know by now, I recently switched/upgraded from my 75 gallon reef to a 125 gallon reef with a sump and megaflows-all new to me. I was suppose to sell my 75 gallon to a friend of mine at work to help me pay for the 125 upgrade. Well, as it usually happens, the friend couldn't afford it, so of course what does someone infected with the saltwater/reef tank syndrome disease, that we all are blessed and broke with, I set it up as a saltwater fish with live rock only tank!!!!!!!!! Yeah-more money spend and the electric bill will increase, however, my so-called fish room will now boast a 30 gallon hex reef, and a 125 gallon reef tank and now the latest addition-a 75 gallon fish only tank!!!!!
    Right now I have a Niger trigger and a beautiful Pink Tailled Trigger which I basically stole from the pet shop because they didn't know what type of trigger it was and sold it to me as an Orange Spine Trigger(never heard of it?) At any rate I purchased it for $30.00!!!!!This particular trigger at 4" in size with the brilliant green body and pink tail with black outlines on it fins is amazing. The same trigger at local pet shops were selling the Trigger for $45.00-$65.00.
    Ok, enough of the excitement-basically I just wanted to update all about the fish world here at the coral reefer shanty. Next, I will start charging admission for people to come and see my tanks and compete with the local Sea aquarium here at Mystic HAHAHEHE!!! (Connecticut residents are familiar with Mystic Sea Aquarium). ONLY KIDDING-come on they have Beluga Whales/ Seals and a Sting Ray petting area-how can I compete with those attractions???? what oh you can pet my kids cat and cut the grass- yeah sure those are great selling points, not to mention the cost of admission would be half of that that Mystic charges( $9.00) for adults and kids under the age of 2 months would be free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahaaha
    Enough for now!!!I'll keep ya'll updated on the attendance here at Coral reefer Adventure here in Connecticut- as the proceeds of this will enable me to A)send my kids to college. B) enable me to purchase more tanks/corals/fish/inverts as well as equipment. C) Offer me the option to move to Jamaica so that I can get Live sand and rock for free as well as water for my water changes like our Jamaican friends here at 3reef!!!!!
    Ok, signing off for now-oh yes 3reef members will receive a 2% discount off the price of admission as well as a neat bag of Microalgae from one of my tanks!!!!!!
    later for now...

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: I think you've been sniffing too much saltwater epoxy my friend.

4. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

+1 ;D

5. Pisces23

Pisces23 Sea Dragon

Wow...I don't even know where to start...
    What times are the feeding? I might just make the drive up from New Canaan...

6. Deano

Deano Astrea Snail

:eek: Do you take reservations now? I'd hate to miss the holiday rush and not have a ticket at Christmas time. Whats feeding time like for the Triggers? I can only imagine the carnage.

7. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

Yeah it's expensive, but I always thought it would be neat to have a tank for all those really nice fish I wouldn't dare put in my reef- enjoy yourself!

8. Click Here!

9. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

@ coral reefer: Any chance for some pics of your new setup?

10. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

+1 ;D

Marc.

11. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I have to find out how to take pictures and set them up for you guys to see! I don't know how to do it though.. Anyone that can help me with a quick synopsis would be appreciated so I can take pictures or videos and show you!!!!
    As for the Triggers, they love the frozen Marine Cuisine!!!! Feed them twice a day and the two of them get along well together. they are very calm as far as triggers are concerned. In fact, the Pink-tailed Trigger can be housed in a reef tank as can the Niger(though the Pink-Tailed is you best bet...The Blue-Throat is another safe choice)!
    It is so much fun having the option now of expanding my horizons and having fish I wouldn't think about keeping in my reef tanks. I plan on getting a Koran or a French Angel, a Grouper(V-tail or Cherry) and a raccoon Butterfly as well. I have to be careful, I know, due to their deficating habits and the water quality issue, however, with weekly water changes and skimmer, I think things will be fine.
    I will keep you updated as new additions join the Coralreefer Adventure!!!!
    Oh yes, I am taking reservations for this upcoming holiday season and everyone who comes gets a complimentary picture with SANTA in front of the tank of your choice!!!!!!

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

1 person likes this.