New RO/DI system

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by newton27, May 11, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. newton27

newton27 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hello just a quick note about my experience with filters and tap water.
    I'm fairly new to marine systems and picked up a "cheap" filter to start with. thinking it was not that important. Wrong! After a few months I started getting allot of hair algae and purple stuff. Did some research and came across www.airwaterice.com Compact Reefkeeper with TDS meter, best filter systems out there for the money! They offer a reef system, even comes with a free TDS meter! Well after ordering and anxiously waiting for a few days the filter and freebie arrived, they supply auto shut off valve, I purchased a auto top off valve, and all the parts you will need for a basic install is included, with some 20 feet of hose!
    Did I mention also this is a 5 stage filter!

Checked my water I had been using for top off 125ppm...

My tap water un-filtered 459ppm...

Water out of this system is not measurable!!! reads zeros!

It has only been 1 week and I can tell the difference in the tank!

sorry to go on and on but this is a steal for what you get, did allot of research 1st, here and elsewhere. Have a good weekend!

2. Click Here!

3. mikemcd

mikemcd Plankton

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

You can do much better than that with the MaxCap found here for $10 off right now as part of their Customer Appreciation sale.
    Spectrapure is the only RO vendor in the industry to offer hand tested and guaranteed 98+% rejection rate RO membranes and custom blends every ounce of their DI resin. These two combine to give you 3 or more times the DI life of any other system found.
    Spectrapure is also a 3Reef sponsor and has a forum here where they will answer any questions you may have.
    SpectraPure Customer Appreciation SALE! 20% - 50% off

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I trust you desert rat, just placed my order!

6. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Did you play battlefield 1942 alot? I knew a guy who was named desert rat you lived in AZ

7. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid