New refugium

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by Phil5613, Feb 13, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

Decided to leave original sump in place and spent 2 hrs redesigning the way the skimmer was plumbed, now need to add refugium. I took a Lee critter tank (5 gal) and drilled 2 holes in the side , then I used 3/8 PVC connector and a 3/8 to 1/2 bushing. i glued the bushing into the connector so that the bushing was on the outside of the tank and the connector was inside, because of a measurement error for the hole it was a little loose so silicone finished it off. I ten teed off my return from the sump and put a ball valve in, finishing into a spray bar in the refugium. I added ls and 3 small pieces of Lr (about 8 lbs total) and have a standard fluorescent under the stand. I will be adding the algae this weekend and have ordered 2 18 watt PC fixtures for lighting . By the way the Corallife 18 watt hoods fit perfect into the top of the Lee 5 gallon tank (found this by accident) Anyway it is working great.

2. Click Here!

3. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

That sounds like its gonna work well for you. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    how are you gonna return to the tank? or are ya gonna drain back to the sump.

4. Phil5613

Drains back to the sump.

5. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I wish i would have thought to drain back to the sump when I set mine up:(

6. Phil5613

Why not change it now? or is there no room?