New Reef Keeper Lite 3 and dosing for 2 part info

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by yamaharider73, Sep 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I have my return pump and power heads on it for doing water changes to turn it all off with couple presses if buttons.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I would run the MH on them for the reason that is has the cool down feature where if there is a power interruption they will not fire again for something like 15 minutes. For the Koralias, I was using it as a current switching device, but it took up two plugs so I got an Ocean Pulse duo to do that for me. I have ocean pulse plugged into the RKL as well as my return pump so when I feed the tank is calm when I enter standby mode. After 5 minutes my koralias turn back on for the fish who like to chase their food, and after 10 minutes the return pump turns on to help remove uneaten food from the display.

4. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

Thanks for the update. great ideas and I may end up doing the same.

5. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

I have my APEX setup to control everything with some type of command.

Also I have warnings (sound and email), alarms(sound and email), safeties integrated for almost any critical situation to cause disaster.

1 person likes this.
  6. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

I looked into the apex. It looked like it is a very nice controller. It was more money than I wanted to spend at the moment is why I went with the RKL. I am not sure if the RKL does/has the email function but at this point I am not sure if I would use it. I will be setting up the alarm function thou. Hopefully I will be able to figure it out and will get mine set up to do what I need it to do. Thanks for the info

7. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

If you find that you run out of room with the light they will take the light for a trade in on the elite. I think they even give you 100 bux for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

Good to know....Thanks. Hopefully this will last me for yrs. At the moment I cant think of any reason I would need something more, but you never know.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I am going to hitch along with this one. Lately I've been dealing with the math - trying to determine total water volume and based on feedback from 3reefers and ReefSparky's advanced water volume calculator I am fairly confident I have about 30-34 gallons of water and from my dosing about a cup of each (30ml) seems to keep things from dropping although I think I could do a bit less when I do all the math. So I am now thinking of automating with a setup like yours and tweaking the numbers until everything holds. I am curious to hear about your experiences.

What level (1,2 or 3) of the RKL controller are you getting?

matt

11. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

Went with the RKL 3. it came with 8 outlets, ph and temp probe and you can expand it to 16 outlets total. I cant really see (for now) me needing more than that at the present time. hopefully I can get it to work the way I am wanting.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Nice. Probably a good choice. I am tempted to go with level 1 just to deal with dosing primarily but I think I should noodle that a bit.