New Reef Angel Client Suite 3.0

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by crank2211, Nov 15, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

It's been a long time since I've been around here but I finally found some free time to wrap up another Reef Angel Client Suite release. My previous version was quite dated and I didn't keep up with the new libraries/code that the Reef Angel currently runs. As such it was pretty much un-usable for most of the community. All that changes with 3.0.

There's a bunch of bug fixes and even more features in this release. I'll sum up just a couple:

• New InstallShield installer to hopefully alleviate installation woes a lot of users ran into previously.
    • Added a new service that handles SMS/Email/Pushing to portal in the background. No longer need to have the the Client running for these operations.
    • Added new "Calculator" tab for showing supplement dosages (Cal/Alk/Mag)
    • IP Camera support for viewing your tank remotely.
    • Portal integration for syncing labels and historic parameters.
    • Proper database encryption for passwords/keys
    • Expansion module support (PWM/Salinity/Vortech RF for pumps)

For a full list of bug fixes and new features see the official thread on the Reef Angel forum: Reef Angel Controller • View topic - Client Suite 3.0

Here's some updated screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always the software is free to download DOWNLOAD HERE

I've also got some plans to extend Curt's Android application as well as an entirely new app designed for the Windows Store (Windows 8 users).

Always enjoy feedback and comments about the software and bug reports are hugely helpful as well ;)

More to come..

-Dave