New RBTA ?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by jborlace, Dec 15, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jborlace

jborlace Purple Spiny Lobster

I got a nem on Friday night. Put it in a rock and it moved a couple of inches and stayed there for about a day. Went to bed and the next morning it had moved to the back of the Rock and is hardly getting any light. I know they move to find there spot but why is it in a spot where it's not getting much light ? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418685307.059845.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. jborlace

This is it all day Saturday. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418685359.252274.jpg

Marty likes this.
  4. Marty

Marty Stylophora

Wow, what a beauty. Looks great right there!

5. jborlace

The first pic is what it looks like now. It moved in the back behind the rock with very little light.

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

they never seem to pick a nice spot where we can view them :( it's probably just still settling in, I'd give it some time, and it may move again back into some more light.

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

It could have moved away from the gsp next to it. Nems are funny sometimes and I agree with mindy, they don't always pick a spot we like. I would leave it be for now. One thing I did and now this doesn't apply to everyone but once my nems found a spot in the front of the tank I fed them regularly and that seemed to keep them in that spot.

8. Click Here!

9. jborlace

Yeah I'm going to let it be. Just don't want it to die from not getting enough light.

10. timkatz71

timkatz71 Astrea Snail

Lighting may be more intense than what had before, give it a little, good luck

11. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

A lot of people get caught up with coral placement. Bottom line is they land where they land. Coral will battle coral no matter what you do.

12. nvladik

nvladik Flamingo Tongue

I waited for my RBTA to fully settle in, attach to the rock and stop moving (same as you in the back) and then I moved the whole rock with it to the front. That was a week ago, it still hasn't moved.