New Puppy!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by horkn, May 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I've got a few new pictures of him.

He is getting along with Farley well, but badger thinks that Belle is still a play toy from time to time. That doesn't sit well with her, but eventually Badger will get scared when she barks and air bites at him a little close.

He is badgering (;) ) Belle a little less each day. Our trainer (Mark from the Feed Bag) says they will work it out in time.

2. Click Here!

3. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

He is "badgering"...haha I love it when dogs live up to their names :lol:

4. haloist

haloist Skunk Shrimp

your dog is awesome! we were thinking of getting a lab too, but couldn't find a good breeder! lol

5. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Nice puppy, I like his markings.

6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

He did well with Fireworks that you can easily see from our patio last night. Not a peep out of him and he simply entertained himself by chewing on sticks and bones. Tonight we will take him to the fireworks in our town, and give him a test a bit closer to the set off site. If he has an issue, we can easily take him home, but I don't think he will mind at all. Last night's were the neighboring town's, our property borders that town, so we get 2 fireworks shows, 3 if you count the ones you can see straight south too.

The older lab was more of a pain because he would bark at the fireworks. Farley was never exposed to fireworks as a pup, so I can understand him barking at big loud bright shiny things. When Badger was like 9 weeks old, we took him to the AMA superbike races at Road America. He slept and played through that as well. Those bikes are very loud, so I figured he would have no issue with fireworks.

Yeah, Badger is more red than our existing Lab that is "butterscotch" colored, and may end up "fox red" . I'm guessing he will end up halfway between butterscotch and fox red. Otherwise, his markings are exactly the same as Farley's, and we get asked if Farley is the dad. That's what we were hoping for.

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Here are new pics of Badger, with the rest of the herd as well.

These are in reverse chronological order. The one with all 3 dogs chewing on bones was from last night.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

They grow up so fast :-[

Little Badger isn't looking so little anymore. He's getting to be a big boy :) very nice

10. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Tell me about it. Last time I weighed him, like 4 days ago, he was 30.5 lbs. I bet he is 33 lbs now.

He is going to be very big. He is doing very well in his training classes, and even was going up and down the agility pyramid during a break at puppy training last night.

It helps that he is very food motivated.

11. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Well, now badger is just shy of 40 lbs. He isn't even 5 months old until the end of August.

He has one more puppy class to go to, and he is learning a lot of good habits. He likes chasing the frisbee when my SO and I throw it back and forth to each other, and gets some good air with spins to attempt to catch it. He has caught a couple with his mouth and I can see him being a great frisbee dog, and also a good jumper off the dock to get some air time in. He loves to swim and has gotten much more graceful at retrieving form the pond.

I will have to add a couple pics.

12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

The little guy is growing fast. He is getting big, and last week when I weighed him he was 42 lbs.

He LOVES playing fetch and will reliably retrieve tennis balls pretty much all day. I use a "chuck it" and throw tennis balls from one end of the yard to the other and he hauls and retrieves. Mind you I have an acre, and the ends I throw the ball to are the far ends of a triangular shaped "baseball diamond" shaped lot. He gets some great exercise in that way.

Jwin, badger is not badgering the other dogs much at all. it's actually gotten pretty non existent, which is good because the younger dog is nearly 9, and she will be around until she is in the high teens age wise. They will spend a lot of time together, whether they like it or not.